Hello everyone!!
I was hoping some of you lovely experts could give me a hand in my BTS set up?? Ive spent literally hours trawling the net looking at caresheets etc which all seem to contradict each other but ive read the one on here a few times and am basing what i do around that.
I had a corn for a few years which moved onto new pastures so had a viv sitting empty so I decided to put something in it and after doing lots of research settled on a skink as it sounds like the right sort of lizard for me
I put the temp probe in various spots for an hour or two and adjust the dimmer thermostat to try to get it right. Basically what im getting at the mo is: Basking spot 39-40C (102-104F), hot end a few inches up from substrate 26-27C (79-80F), cool end 25C (77F). I think my basking spot and cool end is too hot and my hot end is too cool
My thinking is the basking spot is too close to the lamp and I dont know if ive got my temp sensor for the thermostat in the right place? its by the lamp in the corner you cant see it, thats my thermometer under the lamp doing my testing!
Also when i put my hand on the basking platform its only warm and my humidity is ridiculous its in the high 60s and 70s.
This is the setp atm. I know its a bit bare but there is only so much money i can spend in one day without passing out! Ive got the fixtures for a UV lamp fitted already so i just need to go get a bulb tomorrow.
If anyone can point me in the right direction and tell me what im getting wrong it would be really appreciated!
Thanks
Claire





