Okay, to everyone who owns bts out there, I probably look dumb, but I'm a beginner, and am going to be purchasing a bts this summer.
Do blue tongue skinks need a particular type of water, like purified, or distiller?
Thank you for your help!
I feel stupid asking this...
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: I feel stupid asking this...
hey , we like stupid questions here! no, just kidding, there are no stupid questions 
I dont know the answer though. Just wanted to reassure you
I dont know the answer though. Just wanted to reassure you
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: I feel stupid asking this...
Okay, thanks 
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: I feel stupid asking this...
Like Sapphire said, it isn't a stupid question.
It comes up from time to time.
I use a brita filter for our water, just to filter out the chlorine etc. The only people that I know of using bottled water for fish / amphibians or if they have really bad well water or similar. The chlorine in tap water isn't great for reptiles, so we just use brita but you can also leave the water out over night before you put it in their dish.
I use a brita filter for our water, just to filter out the chlorine etc. The only people that I know of using bottled water for fish / amphibians or if they have really bad well water or similar. The chlorine in tap water isn't great for reptiles, so we just use brita but you can also leave the water out over night before you put it in their dish.
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: I feel stupid asking this...
Okay, thank you for your help 
- WanderingChai
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 627
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York
Re: I feel stupid asking this...
I don't de-chlorinate Tea Cup's water, and she's fine.
Basically, the rule I go by is "Would YOU drink it?"
Basically, the rule I go by is "Would YOU drink it?"
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
- El Lobo
- The Blotched Brigade

- Posts: 3405
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
- Country:
- Location: Blue Mountains Australia
Re: I feel stupid asking this...
I use Brita filered water for all our animals, but I drink the water straight from the tap until I can taste chlorine. 

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 292 guests
