MALE / FEMALE?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
ProCreationReptiles
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am
- Country:
- Location: Kentucky
- Contact:
MALE / FEMALE?
What areas of the skink need to be seen in order to try to get a visual view of sexing?
Will be taking pictures this evening but wanted to make sure that I get the right type of pictures =)
Will be taking pictures this evening but wanted to make sure that I get the right type of pictures =)
Last edited by ProCreationReptiles on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crystal
www.ProCreationReptiles.com
www.ProCreationReptiles.com
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: How to take a "sexing" pic?
Try to get birds eye shot showing the entire skink, including the tail. Try to get the skink as straight as possible. Just one shot of the entire skink from straight above should be good enough to tell from, as long as the skink is 'sexable' and not an inbetween looking one. 
-
ProCreationReptiles
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am
- Country:
- Location: Kentucky
- Contact:
PICTURES FOR SEXING =) (PIC HEAVY)
@ All those who are skilled in visually sexing BTS's - Here are some pictures..Roxs was a little more difficult to get to stay still as she/he is always on the move, lol. Eastern is more chill so it was easier. I sure hope that these pictures show what you are needing to look at.
Also: Took a few pictures of Roxs eating dinner...She is halarious when she eats.
I also caught Roxs in the act of pooing and thought I would check it out to see if there a sperm plug. Got alittle excited cause for a minute I thought it was one but not too sure now, lol. There is a pic of it also...
Thanks All
Also: Took a few pictures of Roxs eating dinner...She is halarious when she eats.
I also caught Roxs in the act of pooing and thought I would check it out to see if there a sperm plug. Got alittle excited cause for a minute I thought it was one but not too sure now, lol. There is a pic of it also...
Thanks All
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ProCreationReptiles
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am
- Country:
- Location: Kentucky
- Contact:
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
I would say Roxy is female. I am not great with Easterns so I am not sure enough to hazard a guess. Love the carrot tail on Eastern though!!
Hopefully others will add their opinions.
Hopefully others will add their opinions.
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
I'll guess male for both.
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
Just for shiggles, I'll guess male on the Eastern cause that head is huuuuge 
No clue on the other one.
No clue on the other one.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
I'm guessing female for both, though I'm not extremely confident about either, and even a little less confident on the Eastern.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
Alioop wrote:I'm guessing female for both, though I'm not extremely confident about either, and even a little less confident on the Eastern.
Yeah, I was leaning towards both female, but I don't know enough about Easterns. You should post more pics of yours to help me.
The long body on Roxy makes me think female.
-
ProCreationReptiles
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 am
- Country:
- Location: Kentucky
- Contact:
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
Thanks all...
Kat: sexed them as in? Thats why I posted pictures, in hopes to get a visual.....
I sure wish it was easier to sex them than it is. Figures I would fall in love with something that is almost impossible to sex.
Was thinking of asking Ray what he thought of the Eastern but I don't know his username?
Roxy is extremely long, especially compared to Eastern..
Of course I will take more pics, I love to see what others think of them =)
So right now, we stand at pretty much a 50/50 chance for both of them lol.....
That last pic isn't a pic of a sperm plug is it? At least this time I know it's not a piece of dried up food =)
Kat: sexed them as in? Thats why I posted pictures, in hopes to get a visual.....
I sure wish it was easier to sex them than it is. Figures I would fall in love with something that is almost impossible to sex.
Was thinking of asking Ray what he thought of the Eastern but I don't know his username?
Roxy is extremely long, especially compared to Eastern..
Of course I will take more pics, I love to see what others think of them =)
So right now, we stand at pretty much a 50/50 chance for both of them lol.....
That last pic isn't a pic of a sperm plug is it? At least this time I know it's not a piece of dried up food =)
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
Sorry - I was asking Alie if she had sexed her Easterns yet.
Ray's username is Ray Gurgui - if you can get his input / if he has time, he would be the one to listen to.
Ray's username is Ray Gurgui - if you can get his input / if he has time, he would be the one to listen to.
- Alioop
- Loopy De Loop

- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
- Country:
- Location: Buffalo, NY
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
No I haven't Kat. I'm thinking Saturday is going to our big day! Fingers crossed for me!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
-Alie-
1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: MALE / FEMALE?
Alioop wrote:No I haven't Kat. I'm thinking Saturday is going to our big day! Fingers crossed for me!
Good luck!!! I expect updates and possibly even naughty pictures. Don't be surprised if not much happens for the first couple pairings. My little dorky virgin Stewy just kind of stared for the first several pairings before he finally showed some interest and behavior that would allow me to sex them (although I already knew their sexes before hand).
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 219 guests
