Found out more about marvins backround!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby phaemas » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:28 pm

She's from Regina originally and IS a captive born eastern! Any breeders in Regina?
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby Katrina » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:31 pm

phaemas wrote:Any breeders in Regina?


Nope.

Did you get pictures of the parents? Pictures of Marvin as a baby? Do you really believe this story? Or are they just telling you what you want to hear? Sorry Phaemas, I don't think there are any Easterns in Canada. Except for the misidentified IJs, like Marvin. :wink:
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:32 pm

There's no Eastern breeders in Canada. I also don't know of any breeders in Regina. If she's an Eastern she was imported into Canada. I couldn't tell you if she is or isn't Eastern, I can't ID Easterns -.-'
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:42 pm

I keep telling you that isn't an Eastern...
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
phaemas
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am
Country:
Location: winnipeg,manitoba, canada

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby phaemas » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm telling you what the person was told i'm her third owner.
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:58 pm

OHHH!, well if you are the third owner then, yeh, she's definitely an eastern. :roll:

I don't know why you refuse to believe people who actually know something about bts, but you are always willing to believe anything you are told by anyone else. It gets frustrating to read your posts after awhile. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby WanderingChai » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

For the record, I don't know anything about stuff in Canada or easterns in general, but considering what other people have said I think that like Kat said, they are simply telling you what you want to hear. Sorry. :(
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby WanderingChai » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Jeff wrote:OHHH!, well if you are the third owner then, yeh, she's definitely an eastern. :roll:

I don't know why you refuse to believe people who actually know something about bts, but you are always willing to believe anything you are told by anyone else. It gets frustrating to read your posts after awhile. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh.


LOVE what you said Jeff. :D
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby Bird_Brain » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm

WanderingChai wrote:
Jeff wrote:OHHH!, well if you are the third owner then, yeh, she's definitely an eastern. :roll:

I don't know why you refuse to believe people who actually know something about bts, but you are always willing to believe anything you are told by anyone else. It gets frustrating to read your posts after awhile. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh.


LOVE what you said Jeff. :D

I agree!

But that being said, if she really thinks it is an Eastern (I disagree) and knows that her other is an IJ, why the hell does she insist on breeding!
Brad
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby WanderingChai » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 pm

ReptileKing wrote:
WanderingChai wrote:
Jeff wrote:OHHH!, well if you are the third owner then, yeh, she's definitely an eastern. :roll:

I don't know why you refuse to believe people who actually know something about bts, but you are always willing to believe anything you are told by anyone else. It gets frustrating to read your posts after awhile. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh.


LOVE what you said Jeff. :D

I agree!

But that being said, if she really thinks it is an Eastern (I disagree) and knows that her other is an IJ, why the hell does she insist on breeding!


I know...
But maybe we should remember that this is her thread...
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm

I thought she said she wasn't?
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby Bird_Brain » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 pm

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:I thought she said she wasn't?

Depends on who you talk to. She said she wasnt, yet her "mom" was going to allow her to breed.
Brad
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby Katrina » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Alright, let's be nice. :wink: And remember that Phaemas is young and still learning.
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Found out more about marvins backround!

Postby Lea » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:42 am

Katrina wrote:Alright, let's be nice. :wink: And remember that Phaemas is young and still learning.



Yup, There may have been a few of us who could have been close to being at least half as ignorant at her age. :wink:


We could give the girl a break ...

Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 177 guests