What a sweetie pie! Hahaha, no more worrying about poop for me.Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- RosiePosie06
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 75
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
Everyone remember how I was stressing out about Irwin's lack of poop? Well yesterday we were having a particularly nice bonding time, I was watching a movie while he was finding a comfy spot on my lap, when I noticed that his tail was at an odd, lifted angle I hadn't seen before... He proceeded to relieve himself on my lap. It smelled wonderful..
What a sweetie pie! Hahaha, no more worrying about poop for me.
What a sweetie pie! Hahaha, no more worrying about poop for me."I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help." --Steve Irwin
Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
-
A.VinczeBTs
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
That means he really really likes you, special bonding time right there!
Yeah, my little dude, I thought he was hiding more than normal, then he shed. Then I thought he wasn't eating enough, and he surprised me tonight with a new dog food and scorffed the whole thing down!
Being a new skink mommy is stressful, we have no idea what's normal yet or their likes and dislikes. We worry to much and then are surprised when they pull things like that.
Least you know he will poop when he's good and ready!....on your lap!
Yeah, my little dude, I thought he was hiding more than normal, then he shed. Then I thought he wasn't eating enough, and he surprised me tonight with a new dog food and scorffed the whole thing down!
Being a new skink mommy is stressful, we have no idea what's normal yet or their likes and dislikes. We worry to much and then are surprised when they pull things like that.
Least you know he will poop when he's good and ready!....on your lap!
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
Oh lordy...while I haven't been pooped on by my Mr. Blue yet I have been pooped on by my fair share of reptiles (mostly snakes). Such joy...
My new guy seems to enjoy drinking out of my bathroom sink and last week while I was letting him get a drink he proceeded to poo on my freshly cleaned counter. Then before I could get anything to clean it up he decided it would be grand to trail through it several times and spread it around as much as possible.
My new guy seems to enjoy drinking out of my bathroom sink and last week while I was letting him get a drink he proceeded to poo on my freshly cleaned counter. Then before I could get anything to clean it up he decided it would be grand to trail through it several times and spread it around as much as possible.
-
A.VinczeBTs
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
NennaMeerkat wrote:Oh lordy...while I haven't been pooped on by my Mr. Blue yet I have been pooped on by my fair share of reptiles (mostly snakes). Such joy...![]()
My new guy seems to enjoy drinking out of my bathroom sink and last week while I was letting him get a drink he proceeded to poo on my freshly cleaned counter. Then before I could get anything to clean it up he decided it would be grand to trail through it several times and spread it around as much as possible.
No no, not spreading, making art!

- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
A.VinczeBTs wrote:No no, not spreading, making art!
You wanna buy some then? I can easily get him to make more!
-
A.VinczeBTs
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 133
- Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
Nuuuu...nuuuuuu.
He made it special for you!

He made it special for you!
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
You are a total laugh riot. 
- RosiePosie06
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 75
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
I'm having the same problems! He was hiding a lot and then he shed, but I still can't get him to eat anything that isn't meat... I wonder if they're laughing at our incompetance?
Mr. Blue sounds like a funny Guy! Haha how old is the little artist?
Mr. Blue sounds like a funny Guy! Haha how old is the little artist?
"I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help." --Steve Irwin
Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
Lucky...
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
I was trying to show my mom how well behaved they are, by putting him on my laptop. He ended up defecating and urinating ON my laptop,rug, and me...
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
I am having the same problem with Mr. Blue...not eating anything but meat...so I have to take canned dog food mash and literally mix the veggies into the mash. It is a bit nasty to do but it seems that having the scent and taste of dog food all over the veggies he will gobble it up!
And he is at least 5 years old. Could be older but I am not sure. I adopted him from a lady who rescued him from a family that was feeding him live goldfish and crackers. She told me he was 5 years old. He has scale problems in different places on him and I personally think he needs to gain some weight...but he is quite the character
And he is at least 5 years old. Could be older but I am not sure. I adopted him from a lady who rescued him from a family that was feeding him live goldfish and crackers. She told me he was 5 years old. He has scale problems in different places on him and I personally think he needs to gain some weight...but he is quite the character
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
dear god neenaM i'm glad you got him and are feeding him proper bluey food! Crackers!? what is wrong with people!
My skinks usually poo on my lap
My skinks usually poo on my lap
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
Yeah that is the general reaction I get from anyone, even people who don't know about BTSs, when I tell about his former owners. I am always surprised at how well he looks for the diet he had. Apparently a mom got it for her two very young boys and when the boys got tired of it...classic story right?
- RosiePosie06
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 75
- Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Bakersfield, CA
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
I was trying to show my mom how well behaved they are, by putting him on my laptop. He ended up defecating and urinating ON my laptop,rug, and me...
Should I even ask if the laptop survived?
I am having the same problem with Mr. Blue...not eating anything but meat...so I have to take canned dog food mash and literally mix the veggies into the mash. It is a bit nasty to do but it seems that having the scent and taste of dog food all over the veggies he will gobble it up!
Well I tried this yesterday with cat food, and Irwin gets all happy and takes a big bite of collared green covered in cat food mush, so I left the room to let him eat in privacy... I came back and he managed to still just eat cat food, but even then he barely ate any. He's like this little kid who hates veggies! Loves his crickets and super worms though.
"I think my path would have always gone back to or delivered me to wildlife. I think wildlife is just like a magnet, and it's something that I can't help." --Steve Irwin
Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
Paint Horse-- CQR Guns n Chrom (Ryan), golden retriever--Sandy, Siberian husky--Rain Cloud, Northern BTS--Irwin, Cats--Orlando Bloom and Frank Sinatra, Four Chickens (2 Wyandottes and 2 Australorpes), Mrs. Turkey, Four ducks, pigeons, and seven more horses live on my property
- NennaMeerkat
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:24 am
- Country:
- Location: Fort Worth Texas
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
You might try dog food instead of cat food and then cut up the veggies really really small so pieces can get completely surrounded by chunks of the dog food. You could even try to manually cover the pieces of veggies. Think of it sorta like hiding medicine in a piece of cheese when you give it to your dog.
- critterguy
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 702
- Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
- Country:
Re: Irwin is Quite the Comedian.
It is pretty easy to tell when these guys are about to go...the raise tail and outstretched legs you saw means you have a few seconds to put the skink on something it can soil. Alot of times I can hear mine as they poop, or I look over at the cage and see the raised tail and can come right along and spot clean it immediately. Its funny you guys mention them smearing the poo. At least in the cage they seem to try to avoid it.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 181 guests
