A BTS Christmas
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
A BTS Christmas
So the poor guys FINALLY got some better-looking stuff in their vivs, other than the pieces of cardboard and upside-down tubs they had before (which work great, just look a bit sad...).
J.J.
Milo
Xyla
Milo and Xyla
J.J.
Milo
Xyla
Milo and Xyla
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: A BTS Christmas
Those enclosures are awesome Susan!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: A BTS Christmas
I REALLY hope Milo stops rubbing his nose raw now! It breaks my heart watching him traipse back and forth--back and forth, ALL day! He has got 3 hides and the plants. If that's not enough, I really don't know what I'm going to do. He looks like he has a cleft palate, that's how rubbed his lip is, you can see his top gum and a tooth when his mouth is closed!
Plan is to swap the small guys into two of these vivs, and give Milo and Xyla the big ones.
I'm hoping within a few weeks we can have all 5 vivs transferred upstairs, we'll overhaul all 5 and swap "who goes where" then. That will be almost 8 weeks of quarantine.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: A BTS Christmas
Question: Did you get the small plants with the thick leaves that are in all of the enclosures at Walmart? They all look great btw.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- realis88
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
- Country:
- Location: indonesia
Re: A BTS Christmas
nice enclosure
- Musoke
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Grassie, Ontario
Re: A BTS Christmas
I love them! It looks so nice.
Elliot used to pace and rub his nose a whole lot when I first got him... he doesn't do it much at all anymore.
Maybe Milo will stop soon, too!
Elliot used to pace and rub his nose a whole lot when I first got him... he doesn't do it much at all anymore.
Maybe Milo will stop soon, too!
- Meagan


- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: A BTS Christmas
Love them!!! Gorgeous! Those are just beautiful enclosures, nice to see the newest additions getting all settled in. 
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: A BTS Christmas
they look great susann,animals and there enclosures
- Roheryn
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 399
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:04 pm
- Country:
- Location: Netherlands
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: A BTS Christmas
susann, those enclosures are amazing. and especially their new name-signs :'''D
i hope the noserubbing will get better....cover part of the front of the terrarium with a cloth for now? not beautiful but....
i hope the noserubbing will get better....cover part of the front of the terrarium with a cloth for now? not beautiful but....
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
- lemon1
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 185
- Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:29 pm
- Country:
- Location: Winnipeg
Re: A BTS Christmas
Love the enclosures . What do you use for substrate ?
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: A BTS Christmas
lemon1 wrote:Love the enclosures . What do you use for substrate ?
That's Repti Bark in there right now.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: A BTS Christmas
Kbell31 wrote:Question: Did you get the small plants with the thick leaves that are in all of the enclosures at Walmart? They all look great btw.
I ask bc I bought a plant that looked very similar to yours from Walmart for my enclosure and I had to return it bc I noticed the paint that was used on the pot rubbed off when wet. I went to clean it before I put it in the tank and the green patina all rubbed off and became a sticky and slimy mess. If it is I just wanted to caution you.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Susann
- ADMIN

- Posts: 4022
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: Utah
Re: A BTS Christmas
Kbell31 wrote:I ask bc I bought a plant that looked very similar to yours from Walmart for my enclosure and I had to return it bc I noticed the paint that was used on the pot rubbed off when wet. I went to clean it before I put it in the tank and the green patina all rubbed off and became a sticky and slimy mess. If it is I just wanted to caution you.
WOAH! I will get them out right away!
THANK YOU!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
- Kbell31
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 484
- Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ohio
Re: A BTS Christmas
Your very welcome! I was a little miffed bc they are great little plants, very real looking.
When life gets difficult, always remember you are being planted NOT buried!
- Panana_Blue
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 67
- Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:13 pm
- Country:
- Location: Malaysia
Re: A BTS Christmas
Beautiful enclosure...!! I'd like to build someting like that but still no point at my place too hot and humidity so high, which much better have more fresh air straight trough. Plus Im keeping all my skink not in house.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 288 guests
