New site

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!

Do you like it?

Yes
74%
No
6%
As long as that flower skink is gone.
19%

Total votes: 31
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman

Re: New site

Postby Bird_Brain » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Alioop wrote:I didn't even think twice about the avatars being on the left instead lol, barely noticed it. The poster's name appears in the top left of each box, so I immediately know who made the most, and I think it actually makes it easier and more fluid to read the posts without the avatar distracting me.

I agree Alie. I personally like the avatars on the right. Something to make this forum unique from all the others I have seen. Also, as you mentioned, their names appear in the upper left hand corner of every post.
Brad
HarleyK
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby HarleyK » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:13 pm

I really like this new forum layout. I particularly like how you can search through the titles of posts, instead of the message and title as the previous forum version. This would result in so many results and searches became ineffective. But now it's great!

As another member has mentioned, it is a bit easier to have the avatar and username show up on the left of the posts, mainly because we read from left to right. But if it's too big of a hassle then it's not a big deal and I think we can all live with it :) Awesome job!!!!
HarleyK
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby HarleyK » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:15 pm

I also like the new banner design/artwork of the BTS on the top left. I can imagine having the same artwork on shirts, sweaters, and even static clings (fingers crossed) that we can stick onto our glass terrariums!
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Is the scrolling / effects working for people now? Sapphire?

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. We won't be able to please everyone, but we really do appreciate people taking the time to let us know what they think and helping us make this a better site! Maybe we can wait a week to let people get a bit more familiar with this new style and then start a poll to see if the majority would prefer the profiles on the left or right. I think moving them to the left might involve a new style, but anything is possible! :D

I'm also very glad that the search function is finally working properly!
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan

Postby Spindown » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:34 pm

just did a quick check, and thank you, yes its finally not making me click the effects "off" everytime ;)
thank you thank you thank you!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:03 pm

WanderingChai wrote:I love it to bits. I love the color scheme! The only thing I would change is to put the Kei in the middle of the two other ones on the banner. Other than that, I love it!!!!!

Alright, now thats just too picky :lol: Plus its a blotchie :P

HarleyK wrote:I also like the new banner design/artwork of the BTS on the top left. I can imagine having the same artwork on shirts, sweaters, and even static clings (fingers crossed) that we can stick onto our glass terrariums!

I have a shop where you can purchase similar designs (Theres also another bts design/ Shameless advertising bwahah!) -

http://www.zazzle.com/makigraphics

I was going to keep that design BTS.net exclusive, especially since I do have another bts design, but?
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan

Postby Spindown » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 pm

I would totally boast a BTS.net shirt :)

dont forget guys, i have a few bts designs on my zazzle site too!
zazzle.com/reptilestuff :)

but naes stuff is totally different than mine (and more awesome). :D
~Alyy
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics

Postby Fatal_S » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:06 am

I'm learning :) As a suggestion though, can we make the default that if you click a link on the forum it opens in another tab? If other people like that of course.

I'm also wondering if we got a bunch of bots. Seems like a few too many people have the same b-day.

Users like...
Username:Mamkeelakep
...seem a bit fishy to me :lol: There's several others too that have entertaining profiles.
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:39 pm

:nono: The forum gets its first Liberian member and you accuse them of being spam. Nice, Mel.

I've changed the spam countermeasures, hopefully it gets better.

Forum the opening in another tab - don't most people just use shift when you click on the link to open it in another tab? I didn't even realize the old site did that because I just hold shift and click on the link if I ever want it in a different tab or hold control for it in a new window. I can look into it though if people want it.
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan

Postby Spindown » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 am

haha seems like a spammer to me...
I didnt know you could shift click to get a link to open in a new window...thats just AWESOME!
~Alyy
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Fatal_S wrote: As a suggestion though, can we make the default that if you click a link on the forum it opens in another tab? If other people like that of course.

This is changed, although it will only affect links going forward - anything that was already posted will default to opening in the same tab. :D
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby WanderingChai » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:53 am

Nae wrote:
WanderingChai wrote:I love it to bits. I love the color scheme! The only thing I would change is to put the Kei in the middle of the two other ones on the banner. Other than that, I love it!!!!!

Alright, now thats just too picky :lol: Plus its a blotchie :P

Okayyyyy. :P Darn! I really thought it was a Kei... :doh: I suck at ID-ing. :D
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:06 am

is the bird chirping cricket chirping effect gone
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 pm

It should be. Zach just emailed and said he changed it to default to be off on the main site - is that working for everyone? This forum doesn't have the music / effects, just the main site does.
HarleyK
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby HarleyK » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Another thing I think would be a great addition to this forum would be a photo thread. In the forum index it would be nice if there's a forum for pictures only.
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:13 pm

HarleyK wrote:Another thing I think would be a great addition to this forum would be a photo thread. In the forum index it would be nice if there's a forum for pictures only.

There is a photo gallery: gallery/index.php

Is that kind of what you are thinking of?
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman

Postby Bird_Brain » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:15 pm

HarleyK wrote:Another thing I think would be a great addition to this forum would be a photo thread. In the forum index it would be nice if there's a forum for pictures only.

As Kat mentioned, there is a photo gallery already, but I would be greatly opposed to a photo forum/thread. From what i have seen on other forums, very little gets posted, and majority is made up of conversations. Kinda the same thing with the Classified ads here. I actually LOVE it when forums dont allow conversations to take place in the classified section. Eventually it just gets cluttered and is not user friendly. I hate searching through 20 posts just to find out they are no longer available. IMO, the discussion to inquire and purchase should be done through pm or email.
Brad

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”