New site

Anything and everything not pertaining to blue-tongued skinks.
Forum rules
This is the place where anything goes! As long as it adheres to our general rules, you may post about it here; for example, tell us or show us: who you are, what you do, what you love/like/dislike, what you have, what you made, what happened, how you feel, what you think, what you heard, what you read, what you wonder, etc. How about showing us something we’ve never seen before?!

Do you like it?

Yes
74%
No
6%
As long as that flower skink is gone.
19%

Total votes: 31
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

New site

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Do you like it?
Note: I made it so that you can check yes/no and the flower.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman

Re: New site

Postby Bird_Brain » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:48 pm

might mention that if you dont like it, maybe provide some constructive critisism. Obviously not everyones tastes are the same, but me personally, I love this layout!
Brad
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:56 pm

ReptileKing wrote:might mention that if you dont like it, maybe provide some constructive critisism. Obviously not everyones tastes are the same, but me personally, I love this layout!

Yes, definitely. If there is anything missing that you would like or anything you really don't like, please let us know!

Some buttons might be in different spots etc and the layout is a bit different, but once you get used to it if you still feel that something is missing or could be improved on, definitely post it. :D
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman

Postby Bird_Brain » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Me personally, my favorite thing of the new forum is the "Online" banner that shows up on your posts when you are, well online. I have become unhidden because of this new feature. I think it is just too cool.
Brad
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop

Postby Alioop » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:16 pm

I didn't mind the flower skink so much.... :noknow:
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Its awesome everyone so far seems to like it :D

(And watch yourself Ml, I have planned how to bring back flower skink should you ever tempt me to do so :hehe: )
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Nae wrote:Its awesome everyone so far seems to like it :D

(And watch yourself Ml, I have planned how to bring back flower skink should you ever tempt me to do so :hehe: )

I have the flower skink saved and can make it his Avatar which he won't have permission to change. :twisted:

Or, maybe next time he asks about stars he can get 5 little flower skinks under his name instead?

The possibilities are endless! :hehe:
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Karen » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Wow I think the new layout looks great. I really like the brown and blue, it's a bit easier on the eyes than the bright white.
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 pm

One thing Ive noticed is that when you submit a reply, and someone else had gotten in before you, the message comes up at the top of the screen and you have to option of re-submitting if you deem the message already posted to be fine. (At least, thats what I think its doing :lol:). Pretty groovy~
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Nae - that's a newer forum feature that I really like. You have the option of editing or reconsidering your post if someone has replied in the time you were typing it up. :D
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Very handy :D

I also really like how our gallery photos appear in our profiles - Im going to have to do some uploading me thinks!
Eurastus
Forum Tech Geek
Forum Tech Geek

Postby Eurastus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Personally I don't like the change to having the user's photo and info on the right of every post. I use a tablet to access the forum and, being right-handed, scroll with my right thumb. As such, my right hand covers the user photos, making it a hassle to see who posts. This is the only forum I can think of that has not selected the left side user info option...and I frequent many, many forums. Maybe this is just me....

On the other hand, congrats on an apparently successful transition to the new code. I've been through a large number of updates similar to this myself, and can say with some authority that it appears you guys have done a great job in not losing any data. Job well done, there, guys!
Last edited by Eurastus on Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics

Postby Fatal_S » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Again, sexy forum is sexy.

However, this is going to take some getting used to. I've learned to accept the avatars being on the other side, I think I even like it. And I love the little online thingy. Now I've got to learn to watch for extra pages when I'm opening a thread. I keep opening the first page without noticing the little page numbers.

Fantastic work :D Thanks for the sexy new forum to play on!
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:33 pm

Eurastus wrote:Personally I don't like the change to having the poster info on the right of every post. I use a tablet to access the forum and, being right-handed, scroll with my right thumb. As such, my right hand covers the user photos, making it a hassle to see who posts. This is the only forum I can think of that has selected the left side user info option...and I frequent many, many forums. Maybe this is just me....

On the other hand, congrats on an apparently successful transition to the new code. I've been through a large number of updates similar to this myself, and can say with some authority that it appears you guys have done a great job in not losing any data. Job well done, there, guys!

Thanks for the feedback. :D

The left side profile thing is part of the style that the team of mods selected. I didn't even think of it / notice it initially until the test version of the forum went up and then it did seem odd, but like something I would get used to. It seems like it would be more work than it is worth to try to move the profiles to the right with this style, although if lots of people are having issues we can look into it further or select a different style that has them on the right. You're very right - I haven't seen it on the left side in many other forums.

If this is something that is bothering people after you get used to the new look, then please let us know and we can look at changing it!

Here is the list of styles we had to pick from: http://www.phpbb3styles.net/db/?st=&sk= ... d%5B%5D=21
We are using softwood. :)
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan

Postby Spindown » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:40 pm

is there still a way to change the effects? nothing scrolls right unless i turn it off EVERY TIME i switch pages or click on a new topic!
i'm not sure about the avatars on the right either, but i suppose it will grow on me. :D
also, is there a way to get the left column with the bluey type info links to blend in?
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer

Postby Nae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:58 pm

SapphireTigress wrote:is there still a way to change the effects? nothing scrolls right unless i turn it off EVERY TIME i switch pages or click on a new topic!
i'm not sure about the avatars on the right either, but i suppose it will grow on me. :D
also, is there a way to get the left column with the bluey type info links to blend in?

Try going directly to the forum - index.php, rather then through the site. As the info box is from the website itself, the forums like an 'add on', if you will, so, correct me if Im wrong, only Zach would be able to change the info box~
Linnea
Swedish Flower
Swedish Flower

Postby Linnea » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:08 am

i love the colour scheme a lot. makes it feel very modern and comfortable to the eyes. the last colours were very sharp, i just didnt realize it until now.
these colours also promote images in the galleries.

hmm....i would like the avatars to be on the left side though......i like to see who posts before i read the actual message.

other than that i havent had time to check the profiles and such yet, but ill write if i find something thats odd~~

beautiful work! :D
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby WanderingChai » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:20 am

Out of curiosity, who was the one person who does not like the new forum?

I love it to bits. I love the color scheme! The only thing I would change is to put the Kei in the middle of the two other ones on the banner. Other than that, I love it!!!!!
If love is a labor, I'll slave to the end.
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:24 am

SapphireTigress wrote:is there still a way to change the effects? nothing scrolls right unless i turn it off EVERY TIME i switch pages or click on a new topic!

It doesn't always work right if you link through the site - try http://www.bluetongueskinks.net/forum and that should fix all your problems. We are having problems getting the old site to play nicely with it, it works on some browsers and not others.

Let me know if that doesn't work! There shouldn't be any effects if you go straight to the forum and that removes the BTS.net frame as well.
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop

Postby Alioop » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 am

I didn't even think twice about the avatars being on the left instead lol, barely noticed it. The poster's name appears in the top left of each box, so I immediately know who made the most, and I think it actually makes it easier and more fluid to read the posts without the avatar distracting me.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns

Return to “Everything Off-Topic!”