Merauke size including weight

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Merauke size including weight

Postby Susann » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:39 pm

I have by no means made any extensive searches, but everything I find on Merauke size is mostly just citing length.

I have no doubt that my new Meraukes are healthy, but would just like to get a feel for where they fall on a length + weight spectrum.
So for those of you with Meraukes who know length and weight, would you mind posting those?

Mine:
New Merauke #1:
Image
Possibly male, around 5 yrs old, 24 inches, 720 grams.

New Merauke #2:
Image
Suspected male, around 5 yrs old, 26 inches, 921 grams.

New Merauke #3:
Image
Possibly female, around 5 yrs old, 23 inches, 880 grams.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 pm

#2 & #3 would make a great pair.
The lengths sound just like meraukes. :D
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
bluesrt
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 pm
Country:

Postby bluesrt » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Well I don’t have the weight of mine, but yours seem to be streamline from head to tail. The last pic of the probable female looks a bit short/stocky and I assume that is what leads you to think female. Mine is around 5 months and 15” long. I really like the Meraukes and think they look equal body wise of all the blue tongue species.
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Postby realis88 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am

nice merauke
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:31 pm

realis88 wrote:nice merauke
Thank you!

xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:#2 & #3 would make a great pair.
That's the plan!

bluesrt wrote:The last pic of the probable female looks a bit short/stocky and I assume that is what leads you to think female.
Actually, Merauke females tend to be bigger, at least longer, than males, so it's all the other over-all signs (except for trunk-length) that make her appear female. I was hoping #1 and #2 were girls, but it doesn't look like it.... I'm still holding out hope for #1 to turn out to be female :pray:

Any of these three will actually also be a good match for either of the two Meraukes I already had, so I'm going to give breeding my very best shot. If it's not something I end up successful at, I will definitely make sure someone does breed them, because all 5 of them are GORGEOUS and HAVE to multiply!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Meraukes tend to have much longer tails and leaner bodies. My meraukes tail is literally half his length...
(Almost his tail is 9 inches and is Snout to Vent length is 11 inches)
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Kbell31
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:12 pm
Country:
Location: Ohio

Postby Kbell31 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm

I just measured mine last night, she is around 1 year old and 22 inches-

Image

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 352 guests