Meet the Members?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Meet the Members?

Postby Susann » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:05 pm

I was at 399 posts, so I had to post something to bump me to an even 400. :ohyes:

But I DO want to ask about the Meet the Members list. Is that ever going to be an updated, unlocked list? Lots of people there I've never seen a post from, and lots of active members that I don't see :cry:
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:11 pm

I dont wanna give away my info...
Im ninja like that :boxing:
And im at 1000 something posts and been here for a year so...
WHERE"S MY TITLE!!!
hmm... I should do something special too...
I'll write in green from now on :D
And some of the people on there are from a while ago, which is why you dont see them :D
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Meet the Members?

Postby Katrina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:27 pm

Susann wrote:I was at 399 posts, so I had to post something to bump me to an even 400. :ohyes:

But I DO want to ask about the Meet the Members list. Is that ever going to be an updated, unlocked list? Lots of people there I've never seen a post from, and lots of active members that I don't see :cry:


I update it because Zach is hardly on - send me a pic and a bio and I'll add it in there (this goes for anyone, not just Susann!). I periodically do a thread asking for members bios, I guess I haven't in a while. There will usually be lots of people you don't recognize because there is always quite a bit of turnover in a forum like this. I try to leave up the ones who had lots of posts and contributed a ton to the forum out of respect, even if they aren't actively posting anymore.

Often when I ask for bios I have to hunt people down, it is always great when members volunteer their info! :D

ML - stars are for minimum one year active membership plus quality of posts and not being a pain in the rear or making lots of work for mods. You have been great lately, keep it up and you'll get stars when you least expect it. :wink:

If others think that people have been overlooked for stars, please PM me. I can discuss it with the other mods and see if we should give someone them. :D Same goes for additions to the vet list, PM or email me.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Meet the Members?

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Katrina wrote:
Susann wrote:I was at 399 posts, so I had to post something to bump me to an even 400. :ohyes:

But I DO want to ask about the Meet the Members list. Is that ever going to be an updated, unlocked list? Lots of people there I've never seen a post from, and lots of active members that I don't see :cry:


I update it because Zach is hardly on - send me a pic and a bio and I'll add it in there (this goes for anyone, not just Susann!). I periodically do a thread asking for members bios, I guess I haven't in a while. There will usually be lots of people you don't recognize because there is always quite a bit of turnover in a forum like this. I try to leave up the ones who had lots of posts and contributed a ton to the forum out of respect, even if they aren't actively posting anymore.

Often when I ask for bios I have to hunt people down, it is always great when members volunteer their info! :D

ML - stars are for minimum one year active membership plus quality of posts and not being a pain in the rear or making lots of work for mods. You have been great lately, keep it up and you'll get stars when you least expect it. :wink:

If others think that people have been overlooked for stars, please PM me. I can discuss it with the other mods and see if we should give someone them. :D Same goes for additions to the vet list, PM or email me.

You have found my Achilles heel... :oops:
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:39 pm

:rofl:
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Postby Coomassie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:20 pm

I keep meaning to do this...
Cay T.
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Yes, I realize people have contributed tons, and deserve to “stay” up there on the member list, it’s just that there are lots of just names, and just pictures, with no other info...... just seems a bit cluttered.....you know? :puzzled:

I guess for the time that I’ve been on the forums, there’s never been a call-out for bios ....either that or I somehow missed it, so I wasn’t sure how that worked, or who you had to sleep with to get on there :hubba:

I don’t suppose there’s a way to make a list that goes along with the recent posting system....? Like the order changes according to how much you’re posting? So the “current” people would be the first ones you see, rather than scrolling through info of people who haven’t posted a thing for years.
No, I don’t have any idea what I’m asking for, or how much effort or programming something like that would require. Yes, I am quite computer illiterate; I know where the on/off button is, and I know where the phone is to call and yell at my husband when the computer isn’t doing what I’m TELLING it to do. :crazy: But that’s where my computer-knowledge ends.
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:52 pm

Brad
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:54 pm

No, I dont think there would be such a way to do that Susann, as the list is just another thread, although that is a good idea!

(That reminds me... Psssst, Kat, my photo for my ridiculously long bio hasnt been put up yet~)
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Thanks Brad!

Umm - yes, definitely cluttered. And something I'd like to update, but ultimately low on the list of priorities - there are lots of other things I think would be more important to update on this site. I'm working on some of this stuff, but ultimately it is still Zach's site and so changes and updates need to be approved by him (which is a slow process sometimes!).

Also, it is the time involved in updating things... we are working on updating the forum and hopefully it will be done fairly soon.

Some of those photos got deleted when Zach cleaned up some stuff. :doh: As well as lots of the older photos in threads. I don't have backups of them, so if people see and can resend photos that would be wonderful. In future this stuff will ALL be backed up.

I appreciate the suggestions and there is tons I'd like to do - but I don't have a lot of control over some aspects, and changes take a ridiculously, frustratingly long time sometimes! I apologize for that. :)
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:00 pm

ReptileKing wrote:Ohh Susann! You just are not paying attention!
;) Just had to give you a hard time!

WOW! No I'm evidently not! Where the... what the... Now I'm confused. (But then again, I am easily confused.) :scratch:
But also relieved; I was afraid you were giving me links to the people I'd have to ....convince :wink:
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Susann wrote:But also relieved; I was afraid you were giving me links to the people I'd have to ....convince :wink:


:rofl:

Just send me a bio, no favors required!

And Nae - sorry, I forgot to follow up on that. :oops: Can you resend that photo to me? Thanks!!

PM or email me - kat.sharko@gmail.com for any updates, new photos, replacement for deleted photos etc. If I have time I'll reorganize the list to try to make it more current. I think Zach wanted the first bunch left as is though...
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:38 pm

I've added Susann and shortened the list a bit, removing people who haven't been on in years. There are still quite a few up there who don't post regularly or who people won't recognize, but they have come around in the past year or two. :wink:

Lots of the info is old, so please take a look at your bio if you have on up there and send me any updates you'd like!

If you don't have a bio up there - send me one! :D
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Postby Susann » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Katrina wrote:If you don't have a bio up there - send me one! :D

:clap: YES! Please do! Just because you should, but also, because I feel extremely self-conscious after causing this whole thing, first by complaining, and then being told I had no grounds to be complaining (thanks a LOT Brad! :frust: ), and then being the only NEW bio up there! :whistle:
So, come on!

...and Brad, you are welcome to put me in my place any time! (Heaven knows my husband would love to see someone succeed!)
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 350 guests