How do you determine what her favorite music is?
Interesting to hear these anecdotes. I have yet to notice mine react at all to any noises. Guitar, singing, clapping, even fireworks...I haven't seen any reaction that I could attribute solely to sound. Vibrations though are definetly noticed.
Tea Cup's Target training video!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- critterguy
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 702
- Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
- Country:
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
critterguy wrote:Interesting to hear these anecdotes. I have yet to notice mine react at all to any noises. Guitar, singing, clapping, even fireworks...I haven't seen any reaction that I could attribute solely to sound. Vibrations though are definetly noticed.
I would agree that vibrations are noticed much more than sound. I do think that a car or motorcycle starting a couple blocks away would be sound more than vibrations, but that is just an assumption. I don't think if they are on lawn that they would pick up on engine vibrations from a distance but I don't know for sure.
- WanderingChai
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 627
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York
- Adalon
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 106
- Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:47 pm
- Country:
- Location: California
Neat video, I wonder if you used a different colored or shaped pen in another hand how often she would recognize the difference and choose the right one.
As for sound, I'd say skinks most definitely hear well. Just a few minutes ago Adalon was sitting between my feet on our couches footrest watching the birds outside and my dad started the lawn mower on the other side of the house. Adalon immediately flinched and raised his head up momentarily then walked back to my lap and sat under his towel. He also responds to my voice when he's out basking during the day with his eyes closed, I'll either call out "Addy" a few times or making a clicking sound and he raises his head and watches what I'm doing and when I start opening things up (like the calcium powder cup or the cockroach cage) he gets right to the corner of the glass in anticipation.
I think it's pretty common for skinks to be drawn to vibrations as well and always seem to find anything that generates a vibration. Adalon's favorite 'roost' on my computer desk happens to be next to my sub-woofer when I'm playing music (and he sleeps like a baby even when the music is loud
). I've also taken him for rides in my car and he seems to enjoy the experience; I actually velcroed a long strip of carpet on my dashboard for him to move around on for the rare drives that I take him with me. He caused quite a stir at an In-N-Out drive through a couple months back.
(I also in no way advocate doing this, I'm kind of an irresponsible owner when it comes to my skink I think, but Adalon has never been hurt or seemed overly stressed in the car and both of us seem to enjoy the experience.)
As for sound, I'd say skinks most definitely hear well. Just a few minutes ago Adalon was sitting between my feet on our couches footrest watching the birds outside and my dad started the lawn mower on the other side of the house. Adalon immediately flinched and raised his head up momentarily then walked back to my lap and sat under his towel. He also responds to my voice when he's out basking during the day with his eyes closed, I'll either call out "Addy" a few times or making a clicking sound and he raises his head and watches what I'm doing and when I start opening things up (like the calcium powder cup or the cockroach cage) he gets right to the corner of the glass in anticipation.
I think it's pretty common for skinks to be drawn to vibrations as well and always seem to find anything that generates a vibration. Adalon's favorite 'roost' on my computer desk happens to be next to my sub-woofer when I'm playing music (and he sleeps like a baby even when the music is loud
(I also in no way advocate doing this, I'm kind of an irresponsible owner when it comes to my skink I think, but Adalon has never been hurt or seemed overly stressed in the car and both of us seem to enjoy the experience.)
• 1.0.0 Marauke (Adalon)
• 2.0.0 Western Fence lizard (Cotton, Flax)
• 1.1.0 Tokay Geckos (Cyril, Hypatia)
• 2.0.0 Western Fence lizard (Cotton, Flax)
• 1.1.0 Tokay Geckos (Cyril, Hypatia)
- WanderingChai
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 627
- Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 267 guests
