One More New Skink

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

One More New Skink

Postby Jeff » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:30 am

I am really not looking to acquire anymore skinks right now (except for one specific type of male northern I hope to get this year), but this was obviously one I could not pass up. The sequence of events that led up to this animal coming to me was a miracle. I am thrilled to add this totally unrelated bloodline to my eastern group. The estimated age on the skink is 10 years, and the gender is undetermined, although she looks female to me.

She has some minor MBD in her back, but it is not terribly bad. I will get lots of calcium into her and make a special point to get her as much outside time as possible. I hope to get her in tip top shape with some good condition on her in time to introduce her to one of my males (or females if she turns out to be a male) next spring.

Here are a few terrible pictures I took quickly. She is actually much prettier in person. Her colors look pretty drab in the pictures.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:37 am

Those are pretty gorgeous 'terrible'pictures!!!!

Just incredible luck that you got her... but things happen for a reason. She couldn't have ended up in a better home.

:woo: What a great step for the banded Easterns in North America. :D
User avatar
doss
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm
Country:
Location: DFW TX

Postby doss » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:39 am

Wow! Congrats.

That's one beautiful skink.
Gary
---
Wednesday Vegetarian
User avatar
critterguy
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 702
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:57 am
Country:

Postby critterguy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 am

Wow Jeff, that is incredible. I wonder how many animals like that languish away in some cage unknown and unappreciated until when the candle stops flickering the last of a whole line of animals in the US is no more. She looks remarkably similar to your others and I can only wonder her history. I'm sure she'll contribute much needed diversity to US stock.

I hope you are able to produce lots of these and get them established!
Last edited by critterguy on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Alioop
Loopy De Loop
Loopy De Loop
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:37 pm
Country:
Location: Buffalo, NY

Postby Alioop » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:16 am

:shock: I'm trying so hard not to hate you Jeff, but you just keep making it harder and harder and HARDER! :shakefist: She is SPECTACULAR. More pictures soon please!!!!
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
-Alie-

1.0 Irian Jaya
1.1 Easterns
User avatar
WanderingChai
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 6:11 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Postby WanderingChai » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 am

:shock: Wow. :shock: She is amazing!!!
User avatar
James Wilson
The Mentor
The Mentor
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:01 am
Country:
Location: San Diego, California

Postby James Wilson » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:48 am

Sweet! I am going with female as well. But I could be totally wrong.
James Wilson
User avatar
Nae
Forum Graphic Designer
Forum Graphic Designer
Posts: 1889
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:30 am
Country:
Location: Western Australia

Postby Nae » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:27 am

Her patterns are awesome! Lucky~!
User avatar
realis88
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 309
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:03 am
Country:
Location: indonesia

Postby realis88 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:37 am

good skink
kadal yang sangat bagus (indonesian language) lol..
bruno
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:21 am
Country:
Location: Denmark

Postby bruno » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:51 am

I like her/him Jeff. very Classic eastern, like me 2 females.

I still need a male.
regards
Bruno

0.1. Tiliqua.scincoides.intermedia/T. gigas ? (Mother to the patternless)

1.1. ---//--- Patternles

4.2.1 Phelsuma klemmeri (daygecko)


0.1. Abronia graminea

0.2. Tiliqua s.scincoides

0,1 Varanus Cumingi

1,1 Acanthosaura Coronata

2,3 Acanthosaura Capra

1,3 Acanthosaura Cricigera
User avatar
mark_w
Skinks in the UK
Skinks in the UK
Posts: 612
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:43 am
Country:
Location: Buxton, UK

Postby mark_w » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:19 pm

Jeff how did you manage that? Looks good. Compared to mine, which I think might all be female, I'd say male but I wouldn't put money on it. I'd like to get a seperate bloodline I know that! Yours looks EXACTLY the same as one of mine, with the little orangey portholes. Very well done my friend...

Mark.
scincoides - intermedia - nigrolutea - occipitalis
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Postby Bird_Brain » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Wow Jeff! Absolutely beautiful! Did you manage to find her in the US or did you have to import?
Brad
User avatar
reaperreptiles
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:10 pm
Country:
Location: Hephzibah, GA

Postby reaperreptiles » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:09 pm

congrats! She is soo cute :D love the colors
User avatar
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery
Posts: 5684
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Jeff » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks everyone. She is a really great skink. On top of being incredibly important to the effort to re-establish eye banded easterns in the U.S., she is also the calmest and gentlest skink I have ever seen. She has been living in the U.S. for her entire life. To make a long story short, I got EXTREMELY lucky. I still can't believe the sequence of events that led up to this skink being here.

I just can't wait to see if we can produce some awesome babies next year!
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
User avatar
Ectothermicfauna
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:01 pm
Country: Usa
Contact:

Postby Ectothermicfauna » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Alioop wrote::shock: I'm trying so hard not to hate you Jeff, but you just keep making it harder and harder and HARDER! :shakefist: She is SPECTACULAR. More pictures soon please!!!!


I know right?! Thats what i said when i saw the beauty on his website. I am so jealous of you guys and your easterns... pine pine pine....
User avatar
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada
Posts: 7550
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Country:
Location: Orygun
Contact:

Postby Zach » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Jeff wrote:Thanks everyone. She is a really great skink. On top of being incredibly important to the effort to re-establish eye banded easterns in the U.S., she is also the calmest and gentlest skink I have ever seen. She has been living in the U.S. for her entire life. To make a long story short, I got EXTREMELY lucky. I still can't believe the sequence of events that led up to this skink being here.

I just can't wait to see if we can produce some awesome babies next year!




Congrats!! I want to hear this amazing sequence of events!

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Postby Richard.C » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 pm

has a very girly looking noggin jeff,looks like a classic south eastern australian eastern,and just one more last skink never ends,its like fishing,ok just one more cast,ok 1 more,just 1 more cast,lol

<<<<<<<<<<<<<fellow skinkaholic
User avatar
JoshChimera
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Country:
Location: the Bay Area CA USA

Postby JoshChimera » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Nice Eastern! I have always admired the bands behand the eyes on these skinks.
1.0.0 Tanimbar Island Blue Tongue Skink T. scincoides chimaerea Silver Phase
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty Rat snake
0.1.0 Variable King snake
1.0.1 Emerald swift (captive born)
1.2.0 Jeweled Eyed Lacerta
1.0.0 Western Hognose snake
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Postby Scotts1au » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Wow Jeff, I would expect to find something looking like that on the road anywhere from Melbourne to Sydney. Nice pickup.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 461 guests