I got home from work, my BF passed out on the couch Ruckus' cage door open. I noticed like 3-5 mins after I sat on the floor. I was in mid process of freaking out when this little head poked out from under a table. From the look on his face, it looked like he was saying, "Oh your home now, look where I was". He wasnt very happy I put him back in his cage. I didnt think he was strong enough to open his cage door. We will have to fix this.
What a guy.
Ruckus Escaped! But I hes found
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
I lost Bberry yesterday but I found him as well. I had an iguana leash on him and he was tied to my bed. THen my mom called me down stairs. forgot about the skink for about 45 minutes. Went back up stairs saw he crawled under the bed so I pulled back the leash...But there was nothing at the end!!! So I started to freak out. Because if he left my room there is a balcony(I think thats what its called), and its a 15ft drop to the living room. So I checked under the bed hoping he didnt go far. Then found him behind some junk. xD
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- Fatal_S
- Take Flight

- Posts: 8391
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
- Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
- Country: Canada
- Location: Manitoba
- Contact:
Pryce the Northern used to be so good at getting out (I had no way to lock his tank) I just started getting used to seeing his tank open and him wandering my room.
The first escape or two can be scary, but when they happen often enough, you get used to it
Thankfully my room was skink-proofed, I had no dangerous animals to worry about (my dog's a wuss and trained not to bother the other animals), and the skinks tended to wander for a bit then head back home. Good times :3
Now my tanks are all fancy and come with locks. Safer, but not quite as interesting
The first escape or two can be scary, but when they happen often enough, you get used to it
Now my tanks are all fancy and come with locks. Safer, but not quite as interesting
Mel's Exotics
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
Breeder of Blue Tongue Skinks & More
http://www.MelsExotics.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpVkgO ... wr6Ds0CP_A
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
Yep, well its temporary until I get some time to fix it. But it is skink proofed for now. I figured out how he did it, there was the tiniest gap at the bottom of the door (we have a front opening cage with a door on a hinge) and he managerd towiggle his snout in the gap and open the door the smallest bit, then he tried to wedge his body inbetween the barrier (a 2X4 was put infront of the door so he couldnt just push the door open) and the door. Once he did thid VOLA! it is open. I have First tied the door shut, then put a wedge in the bottom so it wont open. I have also stuck some foam in the gap so he wont hurt his snout trying to do it again. Now that he knows he can get out that way hell try and try again.
- Lea
- Patron Saint of Blueys

- Posts: 4261
- Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
- Country:
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Excellent, glad to hear you got straight on to it and didn't delay.

Skinks are naturally inquisitive and their instincts are strong in their desire to seek a safe place and can be quite crafty in their attempts to escape.
Skinks are naturally inquisitive and their instincts are strong in their desire to seek a safe place and can be quite crafty in their attempts to escape.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
-
blue_soda025
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm
- Country:
- Location: Vancouver, BC
I'm glad you found him so quickly. With Marley it was a mouse hunt, LOL. When I did find him however, he wasn't happy either. He was extra huffy and even tried curling his tail tightly around a wooden ledge in the drawer to try to stay in his hiding spot.
I had never seen them do that with their tails before!
- MissMeg
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 847
- Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
- Country: Canada
- Location: Sooke,BC
-
Weather
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 144
- Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:37 am
- Country:
- Location: Brighton, UK
Bill is great with escaping. He goes two feet and curls up in the blankets we keep under the coffee table. Sometimes he even goes back into his vivarium because it's warmer than the living room. This only happens when the viv door doesn't close properly and he can nudge his way out.
Co-owner of Bill the Merauke with LickyLizardLady
"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 117 guests
