Ruckus Escaped! But I hes found

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Ruckus Escaped! But I hes found

Postby MissMeg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:17 am

I got home from work, my BF passed out on the couch Ruckus' cage door open. I noticed like 3-5 mins after I sat on the floor. I was in mid process of freaking out when this little head poked out from under a table. From the look on his face, it looked like he was saying, "Oh your home now, look where I was". He wasnt very happy I put him back in his cage. I didnt think he was strong enough to open his cage door. We will have to fix this.

What a guy.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm

I lost Bberry yesterday but I found him as well. I had an iguana leash on him and he was tied to my bed. THen my mom called me down stairs. forgot about the skink for about 45 minutes. Went back up stairs saw he crawled under the bed so I pulled back the leash...But there was nothing at the end!!! So I started to freak out. Because if he left my room there is a balcony(I think thats what its called), and its a 15ft drop to the living room. So I checked under the bed hoping he didnt go far. Then found him behind some junk. xD
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:12 pm

LOL When you found him did he have an innocent look on his face? like he did nothing wrong.

Ruckus' was too funny, I couldent be mad at his little face.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:32 pm

... Not really he was just sitting there. I guess he look tired. :)
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Postby Katrina » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Wow - this is three escapes in a short time. Hopefully people are reading and learning.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Pryce the Northern used to be so good at getting out (I had no way to lock his tank) I just started getting used to seeing his tank open and him wandering my room.

The first escape or two can be scary, but when they happen often enough, you get used to it :lol: Thankfully my room was skink-proofed, I had no dangerous animals to worry about (my dog's a wuss and trained not to bother the other animals), and the skinks tended to wander for a bit then head back home. Good times :3

Now my tanks are all fancy and come with locks. Safer, but not quite as interesting :lol:
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Postby Lea » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Quite frightening to see another escape ...

Have you fixed the door already? I hope so.

Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:09 am

Yep, well its temporary until I get some time to fix it. But it is skink proofed for now. I figured out how he did it, there was the tiniest gap at the bottom of the door (we have a front opening cage with a door on a hinge) and he managerd towiggle his snout in the gap and open the door the smallest bit, then he tried to wedge his body inbetween the barrier (a 2X4 was put infront of the door so he couldnt just push the door open) and the door. Once he did thid VOLA! it is open. I have First tied the door shut, then put a wedge in the bottom so it wont open. I have also stuck some foam in the gap so he wont hurt his snout trying to do it again. Now that he knows he can get out that way hell try and try again.
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Postby Lea » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:22 am

Excellent, glad to hear you got straight on to it and didn't delay.
:thumbs:

Skinks are naturally inquisitive and their instincts are strong in their desire to seek a safe place and can be quite crafty in their attempts to escape.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
blue_soda025
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm
Country:
Location: Vancouver, BC

Postby blue_soda025 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm glad you found him so quickly. With Marley it was a mouse hunt, LOL. When I did find him however, he wasn't happy either. He was extra huffy and even tried curling his tail tightly around a wooden ledge in the drawer to try to stay in his hiding spot. :lol: I had never seen them do that with their tails before!
User avatar
MissMeg
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:39 pm
Country: Canada
Location: Sooke,BC

Postby MissMeg » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:43 pm

He always rests his head on the 2X4 looking out into the room. I can only think of how he longs to explore the rest of the liviing room. He probably has planned out all of his routes already lol

Or not, because Lizards probably dont think like that lol
Weather
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:37 am
Country:
Location: Brighton, UK

Postby Weather » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Bill is great with escaping. He goes two feet and curls up in the blankets we keep under the coffee table. Sometimes he even goes back into his vivarium because it's warmer than the living room. This only happens when the viv door doesn't close properly and he can nudge his way out.
Co-owner of Bill the Merauke with LickyLizardLady

"Blessed are the cracked, for they shall let in the light."

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 288 guests