Quick Question.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics

Postby Fatal_S » Thu May 10, 2007 8:39 pm

Ahh! That picture just makes me sooo impatient for my baby! I want!! He needs hugs!
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Thu May 10, 2007 10:35 pm

I think a Tanimbar is a good choice for you, Fatal_S. Not many people could handle them and I have a good feeling about this arrangement. Plus I love pictures of Tannies, and they're fare and few between these days.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight

Postby Fatal_S » Fri May 11, 2007 8:25 am

KyleWeiss wrote:I think a Tanimbar is a good choice for you, Fatal_S. Not many people could handle them and I have a good feeling about this arrangement. Plus I love pictures of Tannies, and they're fare and few between these days.

KW

I love Tannies like no other. To me, they are the greatest skinks out there. It's hard to describe how happy I am to finally be getting my Tanny baby!!! I've waited 3 years holding out for one. I too think I was meant to have a feisty little tanimbar. But then again, that's only the beginning... And I'll be sure to post Tonnes of pictures!!! :ohyes:
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Fri May 11, 2007 12:10 pm

Metric tonnes, of course. :edward: :hehe:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight

Postby Fatal_S » Fri May 11, 2007 10:09 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:Metric tonnes, of course. :edward: :hehe:

KW

Is there any other kind? :lol: America is so weird with it's imperial measurement. If you count in base 10, you should do measurement in base 10. Wierdos :roll: :wink: Plus, I hate having to convert measurements. Geeze America, get with the rest of the planet. Australia does metric, and we all know Australia is godly. KW, I'll expect to see changes soon or some doo is gonna go down! :lol: It's all up to you! Use the force! :D
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Fri May 11, 2007 11:51 pm

I know, the metric system is pretty gosh-darn efficient; I'm still trying to verse myself in conversions when I can. I'm kind of good at it but... hey, when you grow up with it and no one initiates a change, what are we to do? It's not like we're shoved into school and told to "CHOOSE!" and suddenly just go for the American setup... :lol:

Hey, we're most of the reason why English is becoming the universal language across borders, give us a break. :lol: :edward:

KW
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Sat May 12, 2007 4:36 am

KyleWeiss wrote:Hey, we're most of the reason why English is becoming the universal language across borders, give us a break. :lol: :edward:

KW

Actually, I think the Brits "colonising" half the world (including the USA) and stamping out those pesky "native" languages had more to do with it. :nerd:
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Sat May 12, 2007 1:27 pm

mouseinamilkbottle wrote:
KyleWeiss wrote:Hey, we're most of the reason why English is becoming the universal language across borders, give us a break. :lol: :edward:

KW

Actually, I think the Brits "colonising" half the world (including the USA) and stamping out those pesky "native" languages had more to do with it. :nerd:

Errr... not really, it's a choice up-and-coming countries interested in trade and jumping on the capitalist bandwagon, so to speak, have made. Sure it started out that way, but it's gone from being forced to being an encouraged good idea. Brits may have invented the language, it was up to us to screw it up and make money from it. :edward:

KW
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Nature's Gift » Sat May 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Australia was only 70 years from being an English colony and we went metric. I was in primary school when they decided to change the whole kit and kaboodle so I can still use inches and miles but you have to scratch your head over what the hell the American's are waiting for.

Too busy with other pressing concerns I imagine! :notwise:
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Mon May 14, 2007 2:09 am

I think we should keep certain weights and measurements

1=A pint of beer should stay the same, not 368ml

Who wants to go in a pub and ask for 368ml of lager , or 5 x 368ml of Fosters, NO... 5 pints please mate, its just better ehh
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Mon May 14, 2007 4:09 am

Leigh wrote:Who wants to go in a pub and ask for 368ml of lager , or 5 x 368ml of Fosters, NO... 5 pints please mate, its just better ehh

:lol:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Nature's Gift » Mon May 14, 2007 6:28 am

Hey we still hang on to our Pints of beer here!. I'm still in stones and pounds as well as kilos. An inch is still an inch and a foot is still a foot. But we are totally metric when it comes to everything official. Our milk comes in litres, our fines come in km/p/hr over the limit.

We still try to convert our temperatures if they get up to the 100F range but since the early seventies, we are metric. It's all by tens and I bet not one carpenter measures by an eigth of a inch - its mls. (millimetres).
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Mon May 14, 2007 7:06 am

Nature's Gift wrote:Hey we still hang on to our Pints of beer here!. I'm still in stones and pounds as well as kilos. An inch is still an inch and a foot is still a foot. But we are totally metric when it comes to everything official. Our milk comes in litres, our fines come in km/p/hr over the limit.

We still try to convert our temperatures if they get up to the 100F range but since the early seventies, we are metric. It's all by tens and I bet not one carpenter measures by an eigth of a inch - its mls. (millimetres).

You'd be amazed!! an old duffer I used to work with used all schemes in one go,
eg. ME "how long do you want the tray"
DENNIS "two metres, eleven inches, twenty three centimetres and a bit"
ME "For F%"&* sake make your mind up" :doh: :kick:
and just to be picky{Iknow you wont mind} millimetres is mm, you did millilitres mls :wink:
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Nature's Gift » Mon May 14, 2007 9:20 am

ok - mls is liquid mm is length --- just a wee stuff up but most of us can't sort a stone from a pound from a ton (tonne) from a metre so I reckon I can be forgiven.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”