Looking To Buy A Baby BTS, Southern USA

Buying? Selling? Requests? Post them here. BTS ONLY!
Forum rules
This board is for BLUE TONGUE SKINKS ONLY!
Jaquelion
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Looking To Buy A Baby BTS, Southern USA

Postby Jaquelion » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:27 pm

I recently got into reptile care, and the reptile that I simply adore the most is the Blue Tongued Skink, most of the exotic pet stores do not carry them around here, so I am looking for a breeder. If you are selling any or have a recommendation, I do have a slight budget of around 150$ plus shipping

Email me at jacquelynraecamp@gmail.com
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Looking To Buy A Baby BTS, Southern USA

Postby splashy07 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:48 am

Captive bred will cost you at the very least twice that, plus shipping if not local. You will save a good deal of money on vet bills though, bts in pet shops are seldom if ever captive bred. They are often advertised as such. Imported animals almost always come in with some kind of parasitic disorder or pathogen.
rixusaku
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby rixusaku » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:53 am

splashy07 wrote:Captive bred will cost you at the very least twice that, plus shipping if not local.

True, I've never heard of anyone selling them for less than $250, but most I've seen actually being sold are always around $300+, more if they happen to be a morph or an adult. If you do happen to find one for $150 then you're a very, very, lucky person! I wish you luck in getting a BTS, they're awesome lizards. :D

Oh, a tip on finding one that's almost guaranteed being a captive bred is getting a northern. Those are illegal to import/export so it would be difficult finding a wild caught of those guys.
| Noodle | Male | 3 years | Northern |
| My Care Experience: Since January 2021 |
mb606587
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby mb606587 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:08 am

I unfortunately have to agree. Any BTS you find for $150 will surely be wild caught. And even that's a very low price for a wild caught skink. And of course, you'll want to budget a few hundred dollars for a potential, perhaps even likely, vet visit. I sell my baby skinks for $350, which is typically only $50-$100 more than the average import. I would strongly advise to save a bit more and use the time to research the various subspecies and care requirements for each.
Jaquelion
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Jaquelion » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:33 pm

mb606587 wrote:Any BTS you find for $150 will surely be wild caught I would strongly advise to save a bit more and use the time to research the various subspecies and care requirements for each.

I see thank you so much for you replies, I will most definitely save up more and prepare better, the website I saw the prices for must have been outdated.
AutoXSS
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby AutoXSS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 am

Look at the post names northern BTS coming 2021 on here. I got mine from him. He even states in his thread that his posts are more than reasonable. He's probably not that far off your budget

Return to “Classifieds w/Recommended Breeders List”