Blue tongue skink breeders in Canada(saskatchewan)

Buying? Selling? Requests? Post them here. BTS ONLY!
Forum rules
This board is for BLUE TONGUE SKINKS ONLY!
Hlaugh
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Blue tongue skink breeders in Canada(saskatchewan)

Postby Hlaugh » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:23 pm

So I'm pretty new to blue tongue skinks and would really like to aquire a Northern BTS as a pet. I've been looking around and can't find anyone carrying them at the moment. I can order one in through my local big chain pet stores but I'm reluctant because Im not sure it would be captive bred let alone healthy. If someone could tell me of some reputable breeders in or around the area it would be much appreciated!
tcopitho
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Blue tongue skink breeders in Canada(saskatchewan)

Postby tcopitho » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:51 am

hmm, I would be reluctant to buy from a pet store as well, unless you can see the animal they will order in for you. Often times they dont know the difference between the different species and sub-species, so you would be likely to get an imported indo species. That would be my worry, along with the usual issues that come along with wild caught animals. If they can actually order you a Northern then it would be captive bred.

I have captive born and bred meraukes that will be available in the next little while. As far as Northern breeders go, they are out there, Mel's exotics, Don Patterson, and unfortunately those are the only few I can think of off the top of my head, but there are more, I think some on the East cost, there seem to be more Northerns out that way. I would suggest joining the blue tongue skink enthusiasts or keepers groups on facebook and asking there, they can probably recommend some more people to you.

good luck in your search

Return to “Classifieds w/Recommended Breeders List”