Page 1 of 1

UPDATE ON little boris LOTSA PICS

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:29 am
by Drew
hi guys!
:D :)
update on little Boris my baby IJ.Got him/her last May and i was guessing he is around 5months old. i dont know if he is small and overweight/skinny for his/her size and age.
:? :)
we were at the vet awhile ago and he/she weighed 180grams.
measure from snout to tip of the tail at 12"
:D
im also posting the retained "ear plugs" that i got from him/her the last shed he had. :)

<he is still in his temporary cage here.<

also, the food that i have been offering and preparing for him since you all know that he is a really picky eater.
im also posting of him feeding and other pics of him

thanks guys
heres his/her pic when i first got him/her, looks stressed and skinny. im concerned that he might be developing MBD that time.

Image

Image

food and tools of the trade hehe
food sometimes consists of boiled chiken, cat food, tomatoes, brocolli, cauliflower, lettuce, mustard greens, mangoes, papaya, banana, pear, carrots, scrambled eggs
All offered and prepared in different combos, texture and different days.
tried to offer mealworms but didnt touch it.
Image

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Image
Image
Image

eating!!!

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

ear plugs
Image
Image

latest pics.. size ok?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

i forgot to include this. hehe
Image

and the finale, for being a good Dad, Boris left me this when we were hanging out infront of the PC :D :) 8)
Image

im doing my best that i can everyone, trying to follow whatever is int the caresheet. let me know guys what you think.
im sorry again for posting many pics. :D

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:32 pm
by Lucifer_Spades
Drew He's looking so much better! I told you a little TLC was all he needed for a turnaround. Great job he's looking very nice.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:16 pm
by evil pixie
What a sexy man! looking good!

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:53 pm
by russman
I think I saw the same picture twice!

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:56 pm
by Funda
He looks better then ever!
Good on ya!
Lovely photos :)

:blueyprint: f.C

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:40 am
by Drew
Lucifer_Spades wrote:Drew He's looking so much better! I told you a little TLC was all he needed for a turnaround. Great job he's looking very nice.


a big thanks for the support! he is going to shed again and the enclosure is here, so the next pics would be him in his new enclosure
thanks again TLC is the key! hehe

sorry about the double post of the pics if theres any, hard to keep track with all that pics :D :) 8)

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:22 am
by AndrewSeike
Hi Drew!

Man I am so proud of you! You're doing great. AWESOME!

You might already know but I always like to point out some observations. I apologize if you and the old timers already know but I do this really to just help out those who don't.


Irian jayas, Keis, Indos and meraukes are quite amazing animals especially when you compare them to Australian species of skinks. Indos have really long tails they gladly use on you like whips which is totally unlike say your typical Northern or Eastern. Northerns and Easterns seem to appear to use their tails as whips but if you ever own true tail whippers they aren't using them exactly like the whippers. They move their bodies in a C and actually bite their own tails in attempts to get at you. Indos actually whip without doing the typical C biting routine.

Anyways, getting back to my point, these four skinks also store fat in their faces/necks rather than in their tails like typical Australian species. It's amazing to see all the differences in person.

Of course when your poor indo or irian jaya is that thin where the bones are showing you have to do something about it fast. You did just that. Nice job Drew!

Andrew

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:27 am
by Jenn
Just to piggy back on Andrew a little, I also find that my kei's and indo use their tail more to help them hold on. When I hold them, they will wrap their tails around my arm, unless they are trying to run up to my shoulder and hang out their.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:33 pm
by Lisa
AndrewSeike wrote:
Anyways, getting back to my point, these four skinks also store fat in their faces/necks rather than in their tails like typical Australian species. It's amazing to see all the differences in person.

Andrew


Is that a fact, Andrew? I did not know that. I always just thought that they required the services of Jenny Craig!
So then, jowls and lots of chinny chin chins is considered sexy in the Indonesian blue tongue world :lol:

Another difference between my two (aust) species is that my eastern uses a more snakelike action when moving (he doesn't use his legs much at all), my alpine always walks to wherever he has to go. Maybe my eastern is just lazy but.

You're right, Andrew, they all have their little differences. Not that me having only one of each constitutes sound scientific research but!

Thanks alot!

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:17 am
by Drew
AndrewSeike wrote:Hi Drew!

Man I am so proud of you! You're doing great. AWESOME!

You might already know but I always like to point out some observations. I apologize if you and the old timers already know but I do this really to just help out those who don't.


Irian jayas, Keis, Indos and meraukes are quite amazing animals especially when you compare them to Australian species of skinks. Indos have really long tails they gladly use on you like whips which is totally unlike say your typical Northern or Eastern. Northerns and Easterns seem to appear to use their tails as whips but if you ever own true tail whippers they aren't using them exactly like the whippers. They move their bodies in a C and actually bite their own tails in attempts to get at you. Indos actually whip without doing the typical C biting routine.

Anyways, getting back to my point, these four skinks also store fat in their faces/necks rather than in their tails like typical Australian species. It's amazing to see all the differences in person.

Of course when your poor indo or irian jaya is that thin where the bones are showing you have to do something about it fast. You did just that. Nice job Drew!

Andrew


Hi Andrew, we both have the same name..here in the Philippines we call that TOKAYO ( to-ka-yo ) means someone that has the same first name as you does, so Hi TOkayo!!!

thanks for the praises guys, i have been doing well because of all the support here, all the info, all the experieces that all of you guys are sharing, thank you very much.

One of the best forums ever and certainly the best for the BTS!!!
There isnt much breeder of BTs here in the Philippines, most of the BTS here are IJ's and INdo's that are WC.

I am also blessed and lucky with this guy-Boris. Really, almost gaVE up on him. He isnt eating at first and stil very picky with his food but with all the perseverance-its all god now.

I Hope this will continue and he will continue to gain weight, eat more.
Right now he is on shed and trying to stare him "a bit" just to entice him with more food. He is really spoiled with me.Im excited to use him as an educational tool with kids and teach them about how amazing BTS' can be.

again, thank you everyone for all the help.
Next up-his enclosure. Will post pics soon.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:19 am
by Drew
Lucifer_Spades wrote:Drew He's looking so much better! I told you a little TLC was all he needed for a turnaround. Great job he's looking very nice.


thanks for the support Lucifer Spades!!
youre a big big help!~!!

enclosure pics

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:37 am
by Drew
36" length x 24" depth x 12" height

i let the carpenters triple satin the flooring for added protection. this is gonna be Boris' home. its been air/sun dried for 30 days now so im guessing his ready to move in.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

i wish in two years i could provide a bigger enclosure. is this ok for now?
thanks

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:56 am
by ashigator
The cage looks great, looks very similar to mine. Except mine only has one door that opens. I'm no expert but it looks to be fine for now.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:18 pm
by KyleWeiss
AndrewSeike wrote:Hi Drew!

Man I am so proud of you! You're doing great. AWESOME!

You might already know but I always like to point out some observations. I apologize if you and the old timers already know but I do this really to just help out those who don't.


Irian jayas, Keis, Indos and meraukes are quite amazing animals especially when you compare them to Australian species of skinks. Indos have really long tails they gladly use on you like whips which is totally unlike say your typical Northern or Eastern. Northerns and Easterns seem to appear to use their tails as whips but if you ever own true tail whippers they aren't using them exactly like the whippers. They move their bodies in a C and actually bite their own tails in attempts to get at you. Indos actually whip without doing the typical C biting routine.

Anyways, getting back to my point, these four skinks also store fat in their faces/necks rather than in their tails like typical Australian species. It's amazing to see all the differences in person.

Of course when your poor indo or irian jaya is that thin where the bones are showing you have to do something about it fast. You did just that. Nice job Drew!

Andrew


Man do I love it when you post things like this Andrew... *buries info in brain for later*

:2thumbs: :bow2: :bow1:

KW

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:31 am
by Leigh
Those dimensions are fine for an adult mate, I dont reckon you'll need to go bigger later on, but if you've got the room,they'll appreciate it.Looking good, have you sussed how you'll decorate it yet?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:58 am
by Drew
Leigh wrote:Those dimensions are fine for an adult mate, I dont reckon you'll need to go bigger later on, but if you've got the room,they'll appreciate it.Looking good, have you sussed how you'll decorate it yet?


will do the "Interior Design" for his "condo" this week. thanks guys!

btw, do you think that Boris' size and weight is just right for his size?
thanks

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 am
by Jenn
36x24 is as small as I would go for an adult. My northern at school lives in a tank that size and it's hard to get as much stuff as I like to put in there. My other adults live in four foot cages but since Christopher gets so much outside of the cage compared to my adults at home I don't worry about it.

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:09 am
by AndrewSeike
Thanks Kyle. I'm luck to have dealt with many of the species in person. Do you have plans of your own that include MORE BLUEYS?

Andrew