Page 1 of 1
Introduction of a newbie & first time BTS owner
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:09 am
by Brainerror
Hi guys,
Thought I'd better introduce myself as I think I'll be spending quite some time on here once we get our first BTS this weekend.
I'm the OH of Wastedindustry and you all probably know our adoption story already, but for those who don't in short:
We are adopting an Indo bluey from our friends who are moving to the US. Her name is (Lilly) Savage, those in the UK will know who this is

We're still deciding on what to use for short though.
I have no experience with keeping big reptiles so it's going to be a real treat to learn all I can about this wonderful species & this is certainly the place for information and good advice.

And I'm already thouroughly enjoying the many beautiful pictures of your magnificent animals too. Can't wait to show our baby off
So Hello! how are y'all doing?
D.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:13 am
by Marie
Hey, welcome to the forum! Can't wait to see pics. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:39 am
by Brainerror
Thanks marie. I think wastedindustry has already asked everything we needed to know

, but of course if anything comes up we will definitly ask.
Communities like this is just a fantastic source of information.
And I love the fact you listed your hubby amongst your pets

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:30 am
by Jenn
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:02 am
by Tigergenesis
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:01 pm
by suez
welcome im in the UK too CO Durham and i have got some great advice here i am also new to BTS but have found them to be absolutely the best pet ever
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:04 pm
by Felmarg
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:27 pm
by Omega
welcome!
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:10 pm
by Blotch
Welcome!!!
another Pom to add to the mix!!! good to have you here!
Some brief words of advice:
1, don't be afraid to post
2, post LOTS of pics!
And i'm done!

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:32 pm
by DeadEye
Aye up by gum its another Pommy for Leigh ...!!! goodonya Mate WELCOME
mi mums a yorky a jordy Mate - Us aussie,s just like to sling off @ pommie,s , but if i need backup , id call a mate from liverpool I enjoy our brians humour and i say he,s a champion when it comes to a bit of knuckle sandwitch...Take no notice of me .. I adore british homour & people , Just have a wee problem with the queen and charlie and the tribe
love a pic Mate
cheers
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:35 pm
by Blotch
but honestly - who doesn't have a problem with the queens and good ol chuck?
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:44 am
by wastedindustry
I tend to have a problem with the royal family as a whole... and I have to live in the same country as them

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:56 am
by Brainerror
Hi guys,
thank you for the welcome
Technically I'm not Brittish, I only live here. I'm from Holland!
And you can say anything bad about it because I'm not particulary fond of my home country (the royal family there is pretty appalling too

), not that anyone ever says anything but 'I love holland'
Deadeye, where does the slang for british (pom) come from?
Blotch, there are some pictures in my gallery now of Lilly that Wastedindustry took today

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:52 pm
by Blotch
POM = Prisoner Of Motherland (mother England) - Aussie term for the English.
Sorry - I know you asked Deadeye - but I though i'd speak up and see if what i've been told for years was what other aussies knew it as too!
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:13 am
by wastedindustry
Last thing I read was that we're called Poms because we ate pomegranates for Vitamin C on the journey over to Australia.
The "Prisoner of Motherland" thing has also been listed as "Prisoner of Her Majesty" (POHM) and apparently it was something made up after the fact.
Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:52 am
by Leigh
wastedindustry wrote:Last thing I read was that we're called Poms because we ate pomegranates for Vitamin C on the journey over to Australia.
The "Prisoner of Motherland" thing has also been listed as "Prisoner of Her Majesty" (POHM) and apparently it was something made up after the fact.
The last bit is correct but the silly Aussies dont seem to understand THEY'RE the POHMS , not us

, only joking guys

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:56 am
by Blotch
No no no leigh - you guys are the REAL prisoners - History dictates that the original settlers (even though they were convicts) actually escaped dreary old england and came here and flourished!!!!

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:49 am
by Leigh
Who wouldn't flourish in such a wonderfull continent, should of left the crims here and sent the goodies to you, I wouldn't need to emigrate then