OK OK!!! For all the Blotchie lovers out there....

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

OK OK!!! For all the Blotchie lovers out there....

Postby Blotch » Tue May 29, 2007 5:28 am

Here are all my blotchies lined up so you know I actually have them and you can see the difference in their patterns!!!

From Left to Right.
Lance, Micro, Fritz, Chopper, Mini, Liltan, Vic

Lance is an Alpine with Lowland Colouring, Micro I think is an alpine, Fritz and Chopper are Alpines, and Mini, Liltan and Vic are lowlands.

Lance is the deadly one that always death rolls other blueys. His Arch nemisis is Liltan which is why I had them apart even for the brief time it took to take the pic. Lance had a crack at Lil once and it looked like Lil was getting smashed my Lance, then Liltan put his foot down and taught Lance a lesson in dominance. Lance crapped dacks after that, funny.
I don't suggest you fight blueys either - It only got that far cuz I couldn't actually seperate them, but it al worked out good.
Liltan was my first Bluey out of these lot.

Also, instead of seeing the light blotches in lances Pattern, notice his Dark bands. This is what originally made me think he was a hybrid. The same coloured bands as the hybrid I saw, held and took pics of a while ago.

Any Questions? Comments?
~|=|>-

"you want what!? where!?"

2.1.0 T.S. Intermedia (Kimberleys)
1.0 T.S. Intermedia (N.T.)
6.0.3 T. Nigrolutea (VIC Lowlands)
3.1.11 T. Scincoides (VIC & NSW)
Shellyjean
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Shellyjean » Tue May 29, 2007 6:17 am

Awesome! I can't imagine having that many and especially trying to get them to all line up like that. I can't even get two to sit side by side long enough for a pic.

Does Lance like humans and just hate other blueys or does he just have an all around attitude?

I like the patterns on Lance, Chopper and of course Vic! MORE PICS!!! :D
Avatars are like shoes to me. Even though I can only wear one pair at a time, I always have a closet full!
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Tue May 29, 2007 6:39 am

hi blotch,nice pic mate,gotta love blotchies,my favourite bluetongues,yours all look like lowlands to me,1 could almost pass as an alpine cross,i have a few of the crossed ones,ill show u some pics,but ive seen wild ones that look like your alpine cross looking one,maybe its just your pic though,also the big one on the left kinda looks like a lass to me,also be easier to tell if seen in person but looks like a couple of my females,i find blotcheds to b one of the easier ones to sex,do u have more pics of them,different angles,i may be able to varify if i thinks shes a lass,maybe colin and geoff can have a crack to
cheers mate
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Tue May 29, 2007 6:42 am

I have skink envy mate, thats a nice looking troop you look after there.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Tue May 29, 2007 6:47 am

oops i mean the big silvery one on the right,vic i think its name is,and the smaller one back to the left of vic,second one from vic looks rather young lassish to me as well :wink:
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue May 29, 2007 12:33 pm

A skink for every day of the week! Well done. :)

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Piggy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Piggy » Tue May 29, 2007 12:49 pm

The patterns of Lance and Vic are awesome!
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Blotch » Tue May 29, 2007 6:02 pm

Shellyjean wrote:Does Lance like humans and just hate other blueys or does he just have an all around attitude?

Hey shelly - Lance has an all round attitude. He sometimes trys to have a crack at me through the glass on his tank!

Richard C wrote:hi blotch,nice pic mate,gotta love blotchies,my favourite bluetongues,yours all look like lowlands to me,1 could almost pass as an alpine cross,i have a few of the crossed ones,ill show u some pics,but ive seen wild ones that look like your alpine cross looking one,maybe its just your pic though,also the big one on the left kinda looks like a lass to me,also be easier to tell if seen in person but looks like a couple of my females,i find blotcheds to b one of the easier ones to sex,do u have more pics of them,different angles,i may be able to varify if i thinks shes a lass,maybe colin and geoff can have a crack to
cheers mate

Richard C wrote: oops i mean the big silvery one on the right,vic i think its name is,and the smaller one back to the left of vic,second one from vic looks rather young lassish to me as well

Hey Richard - vic's nice and squishy behind his tail and if memory serves me I've seen his doodles. Same with Lil (to the left of Vic). But I would be more than happy for you to have a look at some better pics, and if you still think differently - then we can perhaps work something out. In regards to the alpine/lowland thing - The 3rd from the left (fritz) looks like a lowland in the head - but colors are alpine all the way, Chopper and Lance have Alpine heads, however I wouldn't be surprised if you are saying Lance maybe the Alpine/Lowland cross. The 3 on the right are definately Lowlands, and the 2nd from the left could very well be a lowland, but patterns are more that of a baby alpine.

leigh, Kyle, and Piggy - Thanks for admiring these guys - Id have to agree with richard in saying that blotchies are my Favorite too - they are just big dorks, and are really friendly with the exception of Lance.
~|=|>-

Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Tue May 29, 2007 6:29 pm

I want I want I want... :tasty:
~*Luce*~
The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)

1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Blotch » Tue May 29, 2007 6:46 pm

ok - here's a few more pics of some of my guys.

First up - Lance!

Next up - Mini!

Now Liltan!

Now for some Vic!

That's all for now, I'll take some of my other 3 sometime soon, they just looked too cosey to bother. :)
~|=|>-

DeadEye
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast

Postby DeadEye » Tue May 29, 2007 7:09 pm

Nice mate , I like the blotched myself :lol:
"My appreciation of humanity is greatest when I'm isolated from it in the bush."
Lucifer_Spades
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Lucifer_Spades » Tue May 29, 2007 7:26 pm

My favorite is mini what a little dearling and Liltan is so lovely and dark Vic has a gorgeous pattern, and lance looks like a toughy I'd love to see em live
I'm so jelious of you multi-skink havers i only just got Quigs and i already want more.
~*Luce*~

The original Ginger-Ninja! Ka-pow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0.0.3 Irian Jaya
Mizu, Izuru, and Battosai (On a Canadian Cruise)

0.0.1 Tanimbar Island
Toulouse (On a Canadian Cruise)

1.1.0 Cats-Simon, Lexi
1.0.0 Husband-Ricky
2.2.0 Kids-Kira, Tiernan, Chayton, and Esmé(aka "The Heathen Hoard" or " The HHH Club")
evil pixie
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby evil pixie » Tue May 29, 2007 7:41 pm

They're all just beautiful!
The Humane Society took Michael Vick's pit bulls, asked for public money to help them, then decided it would be best to kill them... adopt from No Kill shelters http://www.roas.petfinder.com

•Blue - Northern BTS
•Severus - Silver Tanny
•Cheyenne - Pit Bull/Lab
•Sunny - Pit Bull/Beagle
•Gryffin & Tucker - Kitties
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Tue May 29, 2007 8:45 pm

Sweet shots :thumbs:

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
Geoff Gates
Bluey Whisperer
Bluey Whisperer

Postby Geoff Gates » Tue May 29, 2007 8:48 pm

Nice blueys, but they're all lowlands. not an alpine amongst them.
Geoff.
deftones2015
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby deftones2015 » Tue May 29, 2007 9:18 pm

Love the pics!
Brian
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Blotch » Tue May 29, 2007 9:32 pm

Geoff Gates wrote:Nice blueys, but they're all lowlands. not an alpine amongst them.

Then by all means tell me how you have come to that conclusion?

EDIT - Wow after reading that a second and 3rd time it sounds very narky - not at all meant to though. Just curious.

if you are basing that on pale coloring - then I would think twice on that - i've seen real pale alpines and real dark alpines but all have a pinkish or yellowish tinge to their lighter markings. EVERY lowland i've seen has had more of a grey/blue tinge and very scattered markings, unlike alpines which have a more uniformed 'blocking' pattern
~|=|>-

Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Blotch » Tue May 29, 2007 11:25 pm

Don't take me the wrong way - If i'm wrong them by all means correct me, but please if you are to correct me - show me how i was wrong so i can learn. Personally - I'm more of a fan of blotchies with Vics markings - i like the scattered patterns rather than the uniformed ones, but blotchies in general are cool!

You've just thrown my Blotchie ID'ing out of whack! :)
~|=|>-

Pike
Tiliqua Tracker
Tiliqua Tracker

Postby Pike » Wed May 30, 2007 4:10 am

they all have lighter heads and not a sign of etching, what makes you think they are alpines?
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Blotch » Wed May 30, 2007 4:30 am

Body shaping, patterns, head size. Alpines have a bulkier head, more sausage like body shape and as i said in previous posts uniform blocked patterns. Whereas Lowlands have sleaker heads, scattered patterns and less sausage like bodies. -- to my knowlege.

Also - since when do all alpines have etching?
~|=|>-

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”