confused...

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

confused...

Postby Drew » Mon May 21, 2007 6:37 pm

hi guys. so i have been reading topics of what to eat for BTS.
here it goes < just want to make it clear >

1. you prepare chicken by just boiling it until it shows no pink anymore? then can i just freeze the others that are not consumed?
2. i can make a cat food salad, mixed with fruits, worms, greens etc
3. i dont get it with scrambled eggs? you mean guys, just scrambled eggs? like the ones we eat for breakfast?
4. eggs, can i feed raw? or hardboiled?
5. i can feed beef heart, liver > not raw? to boil too?

so its ok to prepare food and just put it in the ref for the next few days?

thanks a bunch :D :)
** true blooded Filipino herper!!! **
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Mon May 21, 2007 7:10 pm

1) yes
2) yes, although if you are feeding worms too, go light on the catfood
3) yep..just like we eat at breakfast
4) eggs should be reserved as a treat and can be offered cooked, hard boiled or raw. That said, there have been a couple members on here that have had blueys develop respiratory issued by inhaling raw egg, so be cautious. Most of us cook or hard boil our eggs prior to feeding them to the bluey.
5) I'm not sure if others have fed raw beef heart. :noknow:

what do you mean by prep food and leave it in the fridge for a few days? I wouldn't mix it all together first and leave it in the fridge, but you can cut up the veggies and leave them in the fridge and just prior to feeding add in whatever you are using for protein.
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Drew » Tue May 22, 2007 1:46 am

thanks a bunch dragontears!
i sure wish that bts are more available here in my country
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue May 22, 2007 12:37 pm

Feeding of raw meats isn't a good idea; pathogens, bacteria and molds aren't good for anyone. I'm sure if something was fresh off the animal, perhaps, but the way meats are treated in this country, unless you have a super-clean source, makes me weary of feeding raw (or eating it...) I wish there were more home gamma-radiation devices for food... :thinking:

I think beef heart cooked would be a pretty good source of meat; it's extremely lean, but it's also really tough (again, when cooked.) I was considering trying beef tongue, myself. It's really soft and lean.

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
suez
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby suez » Tue May 22, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi Drew i,m new to all tis too but i did give Loui some scrambled egg as a treat to settle him in and spoil him a bit i gave some fig and rasberry mixed with endive and escarole too he was well pleased i downloaded the food chart too and am getting to grips with that also
the meaning of life is to live it
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Drew » Tue May 22, 2007 7:29 pm

suez wrote:Hi Drew i,m new to all tis too but i did give Loui some scrambled egg as a treat to settle him in and spoil him a bit i gave some fig and rasberry mixed with endive and escarole too he was well pleased i downloaded the food chart too and am getting to grips with that also

oh a fellow newbie! thanks a bunch!
im really excited! :D
Geoff Gates
Bluey Whisperer
Bluey Whisperer

Postby Geoff Gates » Tue May 22, 2007 8:55 pm

I feed my blueys RAW heart. Not an issue at all.

Cut it into small cubes.
Geoff.
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Wed May 23, 2007 12:38 pm

Well personally I prefer my beef heart still beating, but you know... :hehe: :)

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Drew
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Drew » Wed May 23, 2007 8:19 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:Well personally I prefer my beef heart still beating, but you know... :hehe: :)

KW

heheheh :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”