Question about how behavior

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
deftones2015
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Question about how behavior

Postby deftones2015 » Sun May 20, 2007 12:50 am

I bought a wild caught bts. Unfortunately I found this site after I purchased him or I would not have. He doesn't huff and puff like he used to but he doesn't like to be held. I try to hold him and he claws me to try to get off of me. :? When I try to put him in my lap he doesn't seem to like that either, the only way he seems happy is when he's free and on the ground. Are CB bluey's the same way? Or do they act different?
Brian
Geoff Gates
Bluey Whisperer
Bluey Whisperer

Postby Geoff Gates » Sun May 20, 2007 1:48 am

Brian,

How long have you had him for?

Some blueys will calm down with time. Just handle him gently and persistance usually pays off.
Geoff.
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Sun May 20, 2007 10:06 am

even some of my CB skinks act that way sometimes. You might try holding him in a towel or blanket to get him used to being held while still having the comfort of being hidden in the towel.
Omega
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Omega » Sun May 20, 2007 10:50 am

My CB baby is happy about half the time to nap on me, the other half "he" likes to explore. Try rewarding him for being held, like feeding him right after, or something like that maybe.
-Omega (Kyle v2.0 ;))
• 0.0.1 Indo BTS (born 3-15-07)
• 0.1 Dog (border collie + bernese mnt dog + ?)
• 0.0.20+ Cichlids/plecos
deftones2015
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby deftones2015 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:07 am

I've had him for a few month's now. It took almost a month to get him to stop huffing and puffing when I take him out of his tank. Now I need to get him to stop clawing me to get off of me lol
Brian
Shellyjean
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Shellyjean » Sun May 20, 2007 12:13 pm

Mine aren't usually real content to just sit unless they are "snuggled" in something. They would much rather wander off and explore.

They also seem to actually prefer having a towel between my skin and theirs. I guess I'm creepy feeling to them, lol.
Avatars are like shoes to me. Even though I can only wear one pair at a time, I always have a closet full!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”