PINK TONGUE

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Nature's Gift
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

PINK TONGUE

Postby Nature's Gift » Fri May 18, 2007 10:38 am

Okies, I know this is a blueys site but they are cousins - first cousins!

I've gleened more info here than anywhere and Pinkle is thriving and he is such a friendly guy. There must be more ppl here that either want them (You're not getting Pinkle) or are interested.

I'm trying every diet under the sun and most work but can anyone get more info on the Pinks full stop. It's almost like they don't exist.

Pinkle is a tame dude who loves to love. As a BTS rescuer, I have found them varying from vicious to tame but Pinkle is a cuddle muffin!. As much as I've tried there is jack sh*t on the net about them.

I have had some help from some other Pink owners but that is it.........

They seem far more carnivorous and snakey - which they are, but can anyone find out more about my Pinkle's genealogy?

I will post as much as I can about his little issues (he likes beef better than chicken) (he is more active at night time than in the morning). He can run faster that me...................

I don't want to be the Pink Tongue info centre - cause I'm just learning too.

But anyone with access to info, I would appreciate it.

New pics coming shortly ..................
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
AneesasMuse
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby AneesasMuse » Fri May 18, 2007 11:26 am

There's a member on www.pangeareptile.com/forums that has/had Pink Tongues for sale and in their collection. If you wander over there, you can do a search and find some info, I'm pretty sure.

I vaguely remember them living with R. ciliatus (Crested geckos) peacefully... and eating snails.

Good Luck!
"Lots of people talk to animals. Not that many listen though. That's the problem."
- Piglet
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Fri May 18, 2007 7:45 pm

Care of Australian Reptiles in Captivity, 2004, by John Weigel, about diet, states: "It feeds mainly on snails and slugs, and has a specialized large tooth at the back of each jaw to crush snail shells."

Lizards of Australia (Revised and Expanded Edition), 1987, by Stephen Swanson, about diet, states: "It is selective in its feeding habits, subsisting almost entirely upon a diet of snails and slugs."

Reptiles and Amphibians of Australia, 1975, by Harold Cogger, about diet, states: "Feeds on insects and other small arthropods."

Australian Reptiles in Colour, 1989, by Harold Cogger, about diet of the Pink Tongue and the Oak Skink (another bluey cousin), states: "Insects, snails and slugs make up the bulk of their diet, but all species are omnivorous to some extent and will sometimes be found eating fruits or carrion."

Hope this helps.
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
Shellyjean
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Shellyjean » Fri May 18, 2007 8:17 pm

I have an idea...maybe you could see if he'd like some snails or slugs? :rofl:

I tried looking them up when I first saw Pinkle and couldn't find hardly anything about them either. They are like a mystery skink. 8)
bone crusher bobtail
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby bone crusher bobtail » Fri May 18, 2007 10:15 pm

:D :lol:
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Fri May 18, 2007 11:28 pm

The Pink Tongue Skink Information Centre
http://www.geocities.com/pinktonguedskink/

I've had a good look round this site and it looks like a great resource. It's already in the "Skink Links" section of BTS, so obviously someone else other than me thinks so, too. :)
Ruth

--------

Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams

and

Tye - 173 grams

(Four-month-old Easterns)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”