Why so timid?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Brigget
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Why so timid?

Postby Brigget » Wed May 16, 2007 8:51 pm

My lilly flicks her tongue alot and her scales look healthy but shes really timid never hisses or huffs and when i pick her up then sit her down somewhere she will stay bent up in the middle like a staue for awhile until she feels calm enough to relax.I did the mites treatments and the only ones I was able to get off her tonight looked dead. I hope she is better. anyways after sitting like 10 minutes she'll finally move, but she never displays any aggression which is odd. I have never seen one that wont even huff at me. my blue huffs and puffs but he is soo sweet. she just seems scared.
I just tried to get dust off her mouth cause shes crawling around my computer and she licked at the same time I ended up grabbing her tongue accidently. shes so funny. anyone have one this timid or is she sick?
Brigget
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Brigget » Wed May 16, 2007 9:17 pm

i put lilly in the floor near my cat tiger and the cat saw him and perked up. when lilly started to crawl near tiger he ran. he is an inside cat that was outside before i am sure he has encountered reptiles and had bad experiences. Its funny seeing a lizard chase a cat away.
shockers8786
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby shockers8786 » Wed May 16, 2007 9:22 pm

I brought my guy over to my parents house and when the cats came over to see him he licked them on the nose and they freaked out. That was pretty funny if you ask me. My guy is not very timid though, although sometimes when I put him down on the floor he'll stay there for a few minutes and then start to explore. He also never hisses unless he's burried under his substrate. I'd say it's probably just your guys personality and he's just adjusting, but I'm no expert.
Brigget
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Brigget » Wed May 16, 2007 9:28 pm

If so I have managed to find the tamest skink ever. No kidding. But if she is a girl maybe I will be lucky one day and breed her with blue so they can have tame, sweet babies.
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Wed May 16, 2007 10:12 pm

is she cold?
Brigget
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Brigget » Wed May 16, 2007 11:16 pm

Well she might have been at the time but she hasnt been overall. I have been keeping a light on her but I will check and make sure its not still too cold.
thesilverbeast
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby thesilverbeast » Thu May 17, 2007 6:01 am

mine does that occasionally but i dont think he/shes scared at all really. if i re-move her (ill stick with "her") then she flattens out again.

does yours also do it if you rub her back? like arches it where you touch it? mine used to do it.

actually now that i think about it it was only while she was here in the first month and a bit. is yours new? it could settle with time because i dont think ive seen it in a while.
Brigget
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Brigget » Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 am

yea shes new and she will arch sometimes but mostly if i touch her she will start licking like crazy. I know soon I will get good tongue shots of her cause she flicks it alot.
Brigget
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Brigget » Fri May 18, 2007 9:11 am

Well I think lilly is a cleptomaniac! She tries to eat my ring right off my hand. It a has a deep blue coloring and I guess she liked the color.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”