some pics of a green phase eastern,broome phase northern and

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

some pics of a green phase eastern,broome phase northern and

Postby Richard.C » Tue May 15, 2007 10:49 pm

ok here is a pic of a young green phase eastern form vic,also my new broome phase northern and a size comparison between a litter of southern blotcheds and alpine blotcheds born 2 weeks apart
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Tue May 15, 2007 11:11 pm

better add some pics now,or ill be in trouble :lol: Image
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Tue May 15, 2007 11:20 pm

heres a couple of blotcheds i bred this season,the alpine is from a litter of 5 and the southern from a litter of four born 2 weeks after the alpines,note size difference,last year the alpines babies where smaller than this years southern in the pic,though she had eight last season
and my broome northern,theres lots more pics of this northern in my how long is your northern threadImage
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Wed May 16, 2007 12:54 am

Wow ,what great shots,the eyes on that eastern make him look really alert,Richard, is there any research being done as to brood amount and size, I mean does climate, food availability have an effect on individual baby size and amount born or is it all random natural selection.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Wed May 16, 2007 2:39 am

im not sure leigh,female size can play apart and the number of babies they have,more babies equals smaller babies,the female northern is a fair bit larger than the 2 southern varietys that had babies this season as well,but the alpine had 8 babies last season and at least 2 slugs on top of that which made last years so small,the easterns eye does look rather spooky looking at the pic,looks like its really open,lol,hes a really placid fella though,never even hisses at me,back to the babies,over the years with the blotcheds ive produced ,ive noticed that the size can vary,ive had rather large ones and rather small ones to,and from the same females in different years,maybe someone else can elaborate on this
calling geoff and colin,lol
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Wed May 16, 2007 6:59 am

Thanks mate, :) was wondering as you do.
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
Blotch
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict

Postby Blotch » Wed May 16, 2007 7:18 am

richard.c wrote:better add some pics now,or ill be in trouble :lol: Image

They look like 2 of my easterns!!! then again - I'm in VIC.
My other eastern has the really orange belly. I have way too many blotchies!!! got any female blotchies you wanna breed?
~|=|>-

"you want what!? where!?"

2.1.0 T.S. Intermedia (Kimberleys)
1.0 T.S. Intermedia (N.T.)
6.0.3 T. Nigrolutea (VIC Lowlands)
3.1.11 T. Scincoides (VIC & NSW)
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Wed May 16, 2007 7:29 am

hi blotch,nice to meet a fello victorian,i also have many a blotch,probably around 40 now if memory serves me correctly,most r the southern variety but also have a few of the black and yellow type north victoria alpines,3 of my females had babies this year,some years i get up to 8 or so having them,they seem to take the odd year off
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Wed May 16, 2007 8:34 am

...broome northern...

so...what's the difference between Broome and Kimberly? Stunning Northern, but I would have guessed it to be Kimberly. :D
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Wed May 16, 2007 8:51 am

the kimberly is a large area,the person i got her from had 3 wa varieties of them ranging from broome varietiey,kunnawarra variety,and prince fredrick region or something,as well as typical darwin ones as well and there was tremendous variety between each type,the broome ones were reasonably similar to the kunnawarra ones though the kunnawarra ones were alot more speckly,u have to see them to believe them,i shall ask the owner of them if he can post them on here,im not saying there different just looks wise they look alot different,just more detailed locality data as the kimberly is a large area
AneesasMuse
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby AneesasMuse » Wed May 16, 2007 9:05 am

Are there any "broome" Northerns in the States? I want one!! :D
"Lots of people talk to animals. Not that many listen though. That's the problem."
- Piglet
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Wed May 16, 2007 9:13 am

no i dont believe there r,us has the northern territory type northerns
Shadowfax
Hummingbird Spirit
Hummingbird Spirit

Postby Shadowfax » Wed May 16, 2007 6:00 pm

Great pics -- the northern looks like he has fleas! :lol:
German Shepherd/Collie -- Smokey
Appendix Quarter Horse -- Solaris
Cats -- Jasper and New Kitty (Nemo is never forgotten, RIP special boy)
Irian Jaya BTS -- Maya
Crested Gecko -- Miko
Zach
Grand Cicada
Grand Cicada

Postby Zach » Thu May 17, 2007 2:39 am

richard.c wrote:the kimberly is a large area,the person i got her from had 3 wa varieties of them ranging from broome varietiey,kunnawarra variety,and prince fredrick region or something,as well as typical darwin ones as well and there was tremendous variety between each type,the broome ones were reasonably similar to the kunnawarra ones though the kunnawarra ones were alot more speckly,u have to see them to believe them,i shall ask the owner of them if he can post them on here,im not saying there different just looks wise they look alot different,just more detailed locality data as the kimberly is a large area

:drool: Show meeee.....

+ 2.2 Irian Jaya (Slurpy, Nona, Sassy, Cool Moe Dee)
+ 1.1 Eastern (Eugene, Enzo)
+ 1.2 Northern (Niko, Pearl, Peach)
+ 1.0 Tanimbar Island (TQ)
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Thu May 17, 2007 3:24 am

Wow!
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
Shellyjean
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Shellyjean » Thu May 17, 2007 4:51 am

Being new to these critters I'm constantly amazed at how many different ones there are. Those green ones are stunning!!

The northern is unique. Bet it'd be hard spotting mites on him! :?
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Thu May 17, 2007 6:53 pm

Zach wrote:
:drool: Show meeee.....

Me too me too! :hithere:

The "Broome" Northern looks very Kimberley to me too, but I still love the Northern variations. :cloud9:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Thu May 17, 2007 7:40 pm

hi kyle,this is a form from broome,sothern coastal area of the himberlys,the guy i got it from has 4 varieties,all different looking,he has some from prince regent area,closer to nt border that look alot different,and kunnanurra which is th northern coastal area of the kimberlys,there r simalarities between each form but the kunnanurra ones r alot more speckled than the broome phase one s he has but yeah they r all kimberly phase,just different locality variants,the prince regent ones closer to the nt border have alot more of the nt form cantalope coloring on there sides,all lovely looking animals,i will try get some pics if i visit him again to show u the differences in them,but yes they r all kimberlyish types,and he has nt typical types as well
Lisa
Blue Mountains Beauty
Blue Mountains Beauty

Postby Lisa » Thu May 17, 2007 7:55 pm

Rich, is your Northern going to have babies, or does she need to join Fitness First? :hehe:

Love the Vic easterns. I'm after either a Northern, a Centralian or a Vic coloured eastern. They're like a different species to NSW easterns. Love em. Hard to come by in NSW but
1 Eastern, JUBBY, born January 2004
1 Blotchie, RALPHIE, born March 2006
1 Nutjob, SANTOS L HALPER (SANTOS), born February 2006
1 Shingle SHE'S THE FASTEST, born Feb 2008
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan

Postby Richard.C » Thu May 17, 2007 8:59 pm

definatly needing a workout membership at fitness first lisa,lol,poor bugger has had her tail bitten off a few years ago by an over zealous male,i just got her the other day,in vic our easterns can look just like jubby as well,they r a very variable animal down here lisa,we have lots of wild ones that live in a rock and wood pile up the back,they hibernate in there or the compost piles next to it as well and come out to bask when the sun comes out over winter,im trying to get pics but the sun isnt showing,lol,just timing i guess as it has to b a reasonable day to bring them out for some sun

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”