Quick Question.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
BTSNewb
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Quick Question.

Postby BTSNewb » Mon May 07, 2007 9:15 pm

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=34&de=491700

Is this a good one to buy? Do you think they are CBB?

Mike
0.0.1-Ball Python
1.0.0-Bearded Dragon
1.0.0-Borneo Short-Tail Python
0.1.0-Green Tree Python
0.0.1-Crested Gecko
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Mon May 07, 2007 9:27 pm

most likely captive born from a wild caught mom, they may have health issues, they may not. It's a gamble and if you end up with a baby with health issues you will spend more on vet bills than you would if you had just bought a healthy baby to begin with. Personally, I'd wait until there are babies available from Zach, or Ray or Andrew. That way you know for sure you are getting a healthy baby.

Plus, if they are $140 plus shipping, then that definitely isn't worth it. I wasn't sure if the $140 included shipping or not.
Last edited by Dragontears on Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTSNewb
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BTSNewb » Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 pm

How long do you think it will be until zach and them have baby's available?
0.0.1-Ball Python

1.0.0-Bearded Dragon

0.1.0-Green Tree Python

0.0.1-Crested Gecko
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Mon May 07, 2007 9:30 pm

Ray's tannies have started popping the babies...it won't be long before the other species follow suit. Zach usually has some available in July-ish. I'm not sure when Andrew will have some available.

Are you looking for IJs specifically or just a baby in general?
BTSNewb
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BTSNewb » Mon May 07, 2007 10:28 pm

Just a baby, juvie, subadult in general! I'm going crazy trying to find a nice CBB BTs at the moment....even though I know its a bad time of the year to be looking.

Mike
0.0.1-Ball Python

1.0.0-Bearded Dragon

0.1.0-Green Tree Python

0.0.1-Crested Gecko
BTSNewb
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BTSNewb » Tue May 08, 2007 6:29 am

They sent me an E-mail saying that they were bred by them at their store...I am asking for pictures of the parents so well see. Is that even possible for them to have hacthed about 3 weeks ago?

Mike
0.0.1-Ball Python

1.0.0-Bearded Dragon

0.1.0-Green Tree Python

0.0.1-Crested Gecko
Jenn
Bluey Devotee
Bluey Devotee

Postby Jenn » Tue May 08, 2007 7:21 am

Blue Tongues give birth to live young so if the store is saying they hatched, they definetly aren't captive born. If they were bred by the store then they will be able to tell you when breeding happen and that will say when they were born.
1.0 Northerns Christopher

:blueyprint:
Greytmari
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Greytmari » Tue May 08, 2007 7:28 am

Ummmmm, just to add my two cents in here.....Did anyone see who is offering these babies? Yep, KF at Exotic Pets right here in my hometown of Las Vegas. I have been to this store many times and while I may buy a cheap tank from him, i would NEVER EVER EVER buy a live animal of ANY kind from this person. His breeding ethics and overall business ethics are shady and Zach, Ray, even Andrew Seike will tell you not to buy from this place......Wait for those MoeNona babies!!! You will NOT be disappointed!!!!!! :wink:
Marilee in Las Vegas
• Tito Bandido - BTS Irian Jaya
• Maggie Moe Dee-Irian Jaya NEW BABY
• Ned Schneebly-Best Ball Python ever!!
• Ziggy -The Zig Zag Cornsnake
• Jack-Boa Big Boy Snake

PROUD UNITED STATES AIR FORCE FAMILY!!!
Shellyjean
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby Shellyjean » Tue May 08, 2007 7:47 am

Doesn't sound good.

The thing that worries me about buying from people like this online is you really have no clue who you're dealing with. Let's face it, BTS.net is THE PLACE for lovers of blueys, so I sit and wonder why they aren't associated with this site if they really are breeding themselves. Could it be because this is a community and people can actually talk about their purchases and they are afraid of that? I just think the honest ones would be members here and advertising.

At least here you can talk to people who have bought from the breeders and follow any problems that might arise. Personally I would stick with the ones here that are breeding them. But I know, the wait sucks!
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight

Postby Fatal_S » Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 am

Wait a month, babies will probably be available from the site breeders between late May and June. Just make sure everything is set up for the skink and look around at the breeders. Figure out what you'd like and send in an e-mail to make sure you'll be on the list. Then comes the hard part...waiting. But this is actually right around the best time to be looking for blueys here, so you should have an awsome baby in about a month or so.
Melanie J. Pratt
www.MelsExotics.ca
Currently living at Mel's Exotics:
BTS: Northerns, Caramel Northerns, Meraukes, Irian Jayas, Silver Tanimbars, Yellow Tanimbars
AFTs: Wild-Type, Striped, Amelanistic, Caramel Albino, Patternless, White Out
California Kingsnake
Dumeril Boa
BTSNewb
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby BTSNewb » Tue May 08, 2007 10:21 am

Greytmari wrote:Ummmmm, just to add my two cents in here.....Did anyone see who is offering these babies? Yep, KF at Exotic Pets right here in my hometown of Las Vegas. I have been to this store many times and while I may buy a cheap tank from him, i would NEVER EVER EVER buy a live animal of ANY kind from this person. His breeding ethics and overall business ethics are shady and Zach, Ray, even Andrew Seike will tell you not to buy from this place......Wait for those MoeNona babies!!! You will NOT be disappointed!!!!!! :wink:

Oh wow thank you so much!! Yeah he just E-mailed back and said "I don'
t have any pictures at this time but will get some later in the week". Yeah right...heard that before buddy.

Anyways looks like I'm going to be waiting which will probably be best. So do I reserve my skink now or what? Like should I E-mail Zach, or Ray or Andrew?

Mike
0.0.1-Ball Python

1.0.0-Bearded Dragon

0.1.0-Green Tree Python

0.0.1-Crested Gecko
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Tue May 08, 2007 6:40 pm

BTSNewb wrote:Anyways looks like I'm going to be waiting which will probably be best. So do I reserve my skink now or what? Like should I E-mail Zach, or Ray or Andrew?

Mike

Yes, yes, and finally, yes. :) Find out what they have going on, when in doubt, send a message. :cool:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
Dragontears
Thousand Teardrops
Thousand Teardrops

Postby Dragontears » Tue May 08, 2007 7:03 pm

with Zach and Ray you put your name down for the species you want and when the babies are ready, you get to pick your skink n the order you requested... In other words, if Kyle put his name down on the waiting list for a MoeNona baby from Zach last week and you put your name down today, when the babies were ready Kyle would have pick of the litter prior to you.
Leigh
Leigh of the Law
Leigh of the Law

Postby Leigh » Wed May 09, 2007 1:34 am

Dragontears wrote:with Zach and Ray you put your name down for the species you want and when the babies are ready, you get to pick your skink n the order you requested... In other words, if Kyle put his name down on the waiting list for a MoeNona baby from Zach last week and you put your name down today, when the babies were ready Kyle would have pick of the litter prior to you.

How very nice and gentlemenly of you all, good to see in this day and age :clap2:
MMMmmmmm... Something???????
KyleWeiss
Minister of Propaganda
Minister of Propaganda

Postby KyleWeiss » Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 pm

It's the skinks; they teach us about manners far more than we teach ourselves. :edward:

KW
Goodbye, BTS.net -- We've had to good times. I do hope someone else will come along and make it the lovely community it once was.
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Wed May 09, 2007 6:31 pm

KyleWeiss wrote:It's the skinks; they teach us about manners far more than we teach ourselves. :edward:

KW

Even the tanimbars? :wink:
Ruth
--------

Mum of
Drazil - 126 grams
and
Tye - 173 grams
(Four-month-old Easterns)
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight

Postby Fatal_S » Wed May 09, 2007 7:38 pm

mouseinamilkbottle wrote:
KyleWeiss wrote:It's the skinks; they teach us about manners far more than we teach ourselves. :edward:

KW

Even the tanimbars? :wink:

They teach you manners: Keep your hands to yourself! :twisted:
Melanie J. Pratt
www.MelsExotics.ca
Currently living at Mel's Exotics:
BTS: Northerns, Caramel Northerns, Meraukes, Irian Jayas, Silver Tanimbars, Yellow Tanimbars
AFTs: Wild-Type, Striped, Amelanistic, Caramel Albino, Patternless, White Out
California Kingsnake
Dumeril Boa
mouseinamilkbottle
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby mouseinamilkbottle » Wed May 09, 2007 7:51 pm

:rofl:
Ruth

--------

Mum of

Drazil - 126 grams