Safe plants?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
SkinkTongueBlue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Safe plants?

Postby SkinkTongueBlue » Thu May 02, 2024 4:40 am

I have plants I plan to put in the enclosure that I've already purchased and are hoping are safe but I wanted to double check with the forum (I apologize I don't know the more specific names), the plants are
Hosta (Pure green) Not that the color changes anything?
Spider plant
A species of ornamental grass
Spike grass
Wheat grass
Wax plant (vine)
Marbled Pothos
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Safe plants?

Postby splashy07 » Thu May 02, 2024 5:11 am

I am not completely sure about safety...but I wouldn't bother with any type plant, they are just going to dig it up. With BTS, the simpler the better. I know they look nice, fine for anoles, frogs, geckos and the like but BTS are just bulldozers and do not care for aesthetics. And just a note..I have an eastern that messed up her mouth pretty bad a while back trying to eat a green decoration off a ceramic hide. They are not the sharpest tools in the shed by any means.
SkinkTongueBlue
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby SkinkTongueBlue » Thu May 02, 2024 7:09 am

I know hostas have saponins so I wasn't sure, I've been looking at the forum for a little while now and I've learned that their bulldozers, my bts loves trying to burrow into my shirts and arms. I'm willing to take the risk of her ruining the plants and at some point I plan to get her a boyfriend anyways
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:04 am

All I can say is good luck, and getting her a mate will not solve anything as they cannot be kept together.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”