White spot on eye

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Littlebluebuddy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

White spot on eye

Postby Littlebluebuddy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:28 am

Hello! I’ve had my bluey little buddy for 6 years, always been pretty healthy no major concerns. This week I awoke to his right eye closed shut, looked like he got substrate in it. I did a saline flush and warm compress, emptied his terrarium completely, bumped the humidity a little, and have been monitoring. I called the vet but they couldn’t see him for another week. If this is an emergency I’ll call back. He can open his eye normally and is blinking normally but he has this white spot left. Could this be an infection or scar? I haven’t seen this before and couldn’t find anything about it, wondering if anyone here has seen this before? Thanks for your help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: White spot on eye

Postby Janella » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:17 am

Sounds like you did everything correct for flushing and helping your skink. I am not sure what the white spot is. I don't think it is an emergency per say, but I would keep the appointment to have it checked. Let us know what they say.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”