Textured background for the enclosure?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Madwoman Madrigal
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Textured background for the enclosure?

Postby Madwoman Madrigal » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 pm

I have a 4ft by 2ft enclosure, and I was wondering if it might make my skink happier if I put cork bark on walls of the enclosure. I think having a new texture around would be enriching for him, and since he's a juvenile and will probably be shedding on a regular basis I feel like giving him more stuff to rub up against might aid in this.

My only concern is that my enclosure might end up too tight, space-wise. It looks like the cork is inch thick and I worry it might crowd the enclosure. It would overall reduce the width by an inch, in that case.

Here's the one I was thinking of: https://www.amazon.com/Joshs-Frogs-Natu ... 08V262JX5/

Does anyone have suggestions for textured backgrounds or experience with them? Are there other good options that won't crowd my enclosure as much?

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”