Swollen immobile leg
Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:13 pm
Hello there I’m new to the forum and blue tongue skink ownership. I had adopted my northern from someone in my local area who said they couldn’t keep up with his size. I had wanted one for a long time and decided to buy him knowing there could be risks of poor care from the previous owner. However she seemed knowledgeable and had purchased him from a reputable breeder.
I’ve now had him for a little over 2 weeks and he’s gotten comfortable in his enclosure and with me but yesterday I noticed his back leg was swollen and he wasn’t using it. The other leg looked fine and he was walking on it. I suspect stuck shed because there’s nothing for him to break his leg on in his enclosure. However my humidity is always around 45% or higher and his substrate can be a bit dry but I try to keep it moist. Someone please give me advice I’m not sure what to do I will attach pictures. Thank you.
I’ve now had him for a little over 2 weeks and he’s gotten comfortable in his enclosure and with me but yesterday I noticed his back leg was swollen and he wasn’t using it. The other leg looked fine and he was walking on it. I suspect stuck shed because there’s nothing for him to break his leg on in his enclosure. However my humidity is always around 45% or higher and his substrate can be a bit dry but I try to keep it moist. Someone please give me advice I’m not sure what to do I will attach pictures. Thank you.