Swollen immobile leg

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Willb557
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Swollen immobile leg

Postby Willb557 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:13 pm

Hello there I’m new to the forum and blue tongue skink ownership. I had adopted my northern from someone in my local area who said they couldn’t keep up with his size. I had wanted one for a long time and decided to buy him knowing there could be risks of poor care from the previous owner. However she seemed knowledgeable and had purchased him from a reputable breeder.

I’ve now had him for a little over 2 weeks and he’s gotten comfortable in his enclosure and with me but yesterday I noticed his back leg was swollen and he wasn’t using it. The other leg looked fine and he was walking on it. I suspect stuck shed because there’s nothing for him to break his leg on in his enclosure. However my humidity is always around 45% or higher and his substrate can be a bit dry but I try to keep it moist. Someone please give me advice I’m not sure what to do I will attach pictures. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”