every bluey owners worst nightmare!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
obsessed with Blueys
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

every bluey owners worst nightmare!

Postby obsessed with Blueys » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:58 pm

hey guys
this post is literally me recounting every blue tongue lizard owners worst nightmare.
let me start at the beginning though,
i have three blue tongues named Cliffe, Ashton, and Hank:)
i have them an aquarium inside and an outside cage i place them in when its a good hot day,
yesterday was a beautiful hot summer day so naturally i thought theyd enjoy being outside.
i scattered some strawberry pieces and cracked some eggs in the cage then placed them inside, they all had a good nibble and flattened out trying to capture the suns rays!
i watched them for awhile, just enjoying their antics in the cage.
then i left to get myself ready for church.
after 10 minuted i decided to check on them quickly before continuing what i was doing, so i popped outside and to my absolute horror, my beloved Hank was not in the cage......
i checked the cage thoroughly and the surrounding areas (there was a tarp sitting next to the cage and a table tennis table)
but i didnt see him.
i started to panic as i continued searching, (im from australia and i live on a piece of land, so i started searching the outskirts of that)
but still nothing. my mum came out with five of my siblings (i have 10 in total)
and everyone begins a search for Hank.
at this point i am embarassed to say, i was having a full blown panic atack but i was still frantically searching,
when suddenly my amazing twin shouts out!
SHE FOUND HIM!!!!!!
Last edited by obsessed with Blueys on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessed with Blueys
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: every bluey owners worst nightmare!

Postby obsessed with Blueys » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:01 pm

wasnt fun :cry:
Last edited by obsessed with Blueys on Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:26 pm

GLad you found him. I would never ever recommend leaving skinks outside unsecured.
obsessed with Blueys
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby obsessed with Blueys » Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:06 pm

usually its totally fine as ive done up the cage to make it impossible to escape from as l;ong as its on flat ground, this time however i assumed it was fine as it was on flat concrete.
there was one uneven tile that lifted it slightly and Hnk managed to squeeze through
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:23 pm

Gotcha, still I always recommend close monitoring while outdoors. As you found out they are very good at finding the tiniest escape hole/route. Also watch for overhead predators...hawks, eagles, etc.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”