New Bluey, called Bluey, original hey

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Christine
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

New Bluey, called Bluey, original hey

Postby Christine » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:52 am

My 8 year old has just inherited a blue tongue. We're in Australia and it's a local southern Australian Bluey. I changed the substrate today and put in euci mulch. It's smelling a bit and as I'm affected badly by mould I'm a bit concerned it may be mould. It may also be the poo that I haven't cleaned as I wasn't aware you're supposed to remove that daily. Can anyone recommend a nice clean substrate that won't cost a bomb (easily available in Australia) and won't be mouldy??? I'm considering peat coir. Any other suggestions. It needs to be low maintenance too thanks!
Skinks.cole
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: New Bluey, called Bluey, original hey

Postby Skinks.cole » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:20 am

coconut coir is what I use for my blue tongue
"I believe our biggest issue is the same biggest issue that the whole world is facing, and that's habitat destruction." Steve Irwin

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”