Help me determine my BTS's subspecies

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Inabambina105
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Help me determine my BTS's subspecies

Postby Inabambina105 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Hello,

This is the first time I am writing in a forum in my whole life, so please forgive me if I am wrong in anything. So, long story short, a BTS is a dream animal of mine and I was finally able to become a parent to one. Everything is set up and I have spend countless hours researching and am confident I got this. I only have a couple questions regarding the subspecies and origin of my BTS. The seller told me he is a Tiliqua gigas ceram or an Indonesian. They also told me he comes from a "skink farm". The guy is extremely tame and has a completely lovely personality. I have handled him many times before deciding to buy him and I fell inlove with him to say the least.

However I am a bit worried about parasites and such and I have no idea what to look for. And also there is very limited resources for the Ceram locality, and the only advice I got is that it is basically like Tiliqua gigas gigas, but I am writing here to try and find more answers and as much info as I can from more experienced and educated people than I am at the moment. I researched the forum for the Ceram locality and I am pretty sure he is a classic Indonesian. He is about 10m old and has great appetite, and from what I have seen his poos look normal, and not runny.

bts1.jpg
bts3.png
bts2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”