Bts not eatting or pooping.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Hall.erika95
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Bts not eatting or pooping.

Postby Hall.erika95 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:40 am

Hello everyone
So my boy chomps seems to not be doing so well .I think he is 8 months old northern . I gave him some raw egg as a treat about a week and a half ago. He had 2 runny poops after that to be expected but has not pooped and has eatten very little sense. I have notice some chunks of urrates in the tank but that’s all I see. Temps for the basking range 95 to105.
Jameswalker222000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: James Walker

Re: Bts not eatting or pooping.

Postby Jameswalker222000 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:27 am

Hi, i think you should be taking caring of him very well and in my opinion you may call a vet to check this out as it is normal or not That's all from my side.
Thankyou
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:28 pm

I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. These guys can become very picky and hold out for only their favorite things. What have you tried to offer? Also if he isn't eating you won't see any stool.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:07 am

Send a picture of him to confirm, northerns are entering their brumation periods this time of year and eat very little. My adult breeders have already slowed and my 8 month old is also not very interested anymore. No need to do any preparations for brumating, but regardless they may do so anyway.
Hall.erika95
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Hall.erika95 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:06 am

Thank you guys for the response. He did have some more egg. I have tried fruit and cooked chicken. He is still sticking his nose up to it. He is starting to have some bubbles come out of his mouth when he hisses at me. So I think I’m going to bring him to the vet to get checked out. Also what would make him go into Brumation? It sometimes can get cold in there at night. Like down to 65. Here is a pictuer of him. To be honest I’m not sure if he is a he or a she!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:18 am

Cooler night temps may trigger brumation, and seasonally most will do it regardless. Mine are all starting to go down for winter. They eat less, hide more, and eventually just disappear.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”