Can I put my skink tank outside temporarily?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
SpaceCowboy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Can I put my skink tank outside temporarily?

Postby SpaceCowboy » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:38 pm

Sometime soon my apartment will be treated for roaches and I don't think it'll be safe for my skink inside. I'd take him to a friends house temporarily but I just got him a week ago and don't wanna stress him even more as he's getting used to his surroundings. I don't wanna sound like an irresponsible owner, but would he be ok if I put his tank outside on our screened in patio temporarily? It doesn't get sun all day so he wouldn't be getting blasted by light. I don't know if this is a really stupid idea but I honestly don't have another solution. If anyone else has an idea or advice I'm way open for suggestions! Thanks!
You're gonna carry that weight...
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Can I put my skink tank outside temporarily?

Postby Janella » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:00 am

I would say as long as there is no chance of the fumes reaching your skink when they spray and also along as your skink isn't in direct sunlight (get to hot) then your patio should be fine.
Justincalhoundvm
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Justincalhoundvm » Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:25 am

I would be apprehensive if this is a glass enclosure but otherwise would be fine with it personally
Jameswalker222000
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: James Walker

Postby Jameswalker222000 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:30 am

Hi,
Yes you can do this. There is no issue in it but you should also take care of it because there are some exceptions that some things can also hurt badly and it will be very painful for you

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”