Page 1 of 1

Mouth and nose problems

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:19 am
by MeekinOzwald
Hi there, I have a bluey who was doing really well until I moved a month ago, recently he has been rubbing a lot more than usual. He has always had a sort of mishaped nose with the little purple patch under the nostrils, so I am not concerned about that but I noticed yesterday he had this brown scales above his nose. I gave him a betadine bath. Usually baths are no big deal and he even eats right afterwards with no problem. After this one he seemed really spooked and refused to open his eyes (The morning after he is now opening them ( I also rinsed them with a saline solution per the vet's recommendation) when he moves around and ate a small amount of food). I want to continue to disinfect those scales and monitor his health. Any advice?

Re: Mouth and nose problems

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:21 am
by MeekinOzwald
Screenshot_20230831_122117_Photos.jpg

Re: Mouth and nose problems

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:47 pm
by obsessed with Blueys
that doesn't look great!
have you taken him to the vet? i think it'd be worth it just to make sure its nothing serious...
other then that definitely washing it was a good idea, and you should make sure everything is cleaned bcuz it could be an infection