Unbrumated Indoor BTS to Outdoor BTS

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Crazyexplorer
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Unbrumated Indoor BTS to Outdoor BTS

Postby Crazyexplorer » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:41 pm

Hi Guys. I have an Eastern Bts in NSW Australia (so its natural locale) but I have kept it indoors for all of its 7+ years. I’m having to downsize and have a query from a possible buyer who wants to keep it in an outdoor enclosure with a heated hide. I have never brumated the bts and have used heat and air con to prevent extreme temps. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of an unbrumated indoor bts transitioning to a full-time outdoor bts? Will they adjust safely to this? Assuming this is not ill-advised, does anyone have any tips or cautions?

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”