Blue tongue skink eye infection

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Danlizardman
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Blue tongue skink eye infection

Postby Danlizardman » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:58 am

Hey. So 5 days ago I baught a Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink from someone off morph market and the previous owner kept it in low humidity and I think it has an eye infection in one eye. Can anyone confirm? Also the nearest vet is far from me and expensive so if it is an eye infection can I solve it with saline eyedrops or some sort of antibiotic eyedrops?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: Blue tongue skink eye infection

Postby Janella » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:51 pm

So, I would keep an eye on it. You could try to flush the eye with 100% sterile saline eye flush and see if that helps at all (in case their is a foreign material in the eye). However, if it continues to get worse then a vet visit will be needed. Also this type of skink is notorious for having parasites. So I would get a fecal and overall health check up done on it.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”