Basking/sleeping with mouth slightly open

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Caffee
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: No facebook! But follow me
@little.bear.garden on insta!

Basking/sleeping with mouth slightly open

Postby Caffee » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:45 am

Hey yall! Ive noticed this slightly odd behavior from my northern the past couple of days where she leaves her mouth slightly open while she basks and sleep. Its been warmer lately and the room she resides in has been getting pretty warm during the day, so I believe she might be just thermoregulating. Shes been incredible moody lately, but I believe its just because shes starting to come out of brumation. Other than than, shes eating and shedding normal with no crusties, excess mucus, clicking/wheezing, or other signs of uri. Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Basking/sleeping with mouth slightly open

Postby splashy07 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:17 am

I've got one that does that all the time. He's one of my proven breeders and is 9 years old, never had health issues. And sometimes he's sticking his tongue out too. Just too cute. Nothing to worry about if everything is normal.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”