Replacing tank doors?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
tamella
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Your Facebook name: Ella Tam

Replacing tank doors?

Postby tamella » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:43 pm

My blueys tank has got some kind of plastic or maybe acrylic sliding doors, over time they’ve gotten scratched up and just not very nice to look through. I’d like to replace them and was wondering what the best material would be? Glass/a different type of acrylic or something else? Thanks!
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Replacing tank doors?

Postby splashy07 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:18 am

For doors glass is your best choice for a lizard. I've got a few cages with acrylic doors also, only because I couldn't wait for the ones I wanted..needed something fast. The doors look terrible, as would happen with more than likely any acrylic. I have since replaced the cages themselves, and use the old ones for snakes now. You can probably go to any type home store to have glass cut to size.
Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”