New mummy

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
sammy_girl
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

New mummy

Postby sammy_girl » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:49 am

Hello, I have just got my baby, he is 12 months old name toothless as my son called him. I’ve changed his tank flooring and he seems to be moving a lot more I’m hoping not u happy. Is this bark hard wood mulch ok to use. He is checking out every inch of the tank including on the plants. He ate, slept, and now running around lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Re: New mummy

Postby Janella » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:06 pm

Hi there, what type of bark is it? Where did you get it from? Also what are your tank temps? 85 is really low if this is the basking/warm side. Needs to be closer to 100. Make sure any plants have just soil and NO fertilizer in them. Skinks do love to root around plants and get into them. Fertilizer will harm your pet if it has it in it.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”