Page 1 of 1
Weird scales on head
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:18 pm
by Jxhnw
These scales look wrinkled and dry which isn't normal. I tried soaking him once a day for a week but I stopped in case it was something like scale rot. From what I have seen, it does not look like that but I cannot find anything that looks like this. He is 11 years old, if that helps at all. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Weird scales on head
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:50 pm
by Janella
This looks like stuck shed. I would try some mineral oil gently rubbed on the area. If they don't loosen and come off, then a vet check is suggested. Sometimes they can get fungal infections that present like that.
Re: Weird scales on head
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:10 am
by splashy07
Prolonged exposure to dryness can cause shedding issues. What type substrate do you use? And your humidity levels?