How do you hang out with your skink?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Claudia&Louie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

How do you hang out with your skink?

Postby Claudia&Louie » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:20 pm

Whenever I hang out with mine I usually just let him climb up on my shoulders. Mostly I just wander around or sit down and do something on my computer, and sometimes he'll try exploring my couch, climbing on my head, or just chill on my shoulders. It sucks a little bit because then I can't really look at him. It's fun when I'm on a video call with someone though. But being right behind my head means he's really hard to reach when it's time to put him back, and he always hisses a lot. Does this happen to anyone else?
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: How do you hang out with your skink?

Postby splashy07 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:52 am

Be very careful with him on your shoulders. May look very cute but they are heavy animals and a fall could be crippling or even deadly. They are ground dwellers and do not have the ability to hang on like bearded dragons. I am also not a fan of long outings as you are subjecting them to a 20+ degree temperature drop which never happens in nature immediately.
Claudia&Louie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: How do you hang out with your skink?

Postby Claudia&Louie » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:06 am

splashy07 wrote:Be very careful with him on your shoulders. May look very cute but they are heavy animals and a fall could be crippling or even deadly. They are ground dwellers and do not have the ability to hang on like bearded dragons. I am also not a fan of long outings as you are subjecting them to a 20+ degree temperature drop which never happens in nature immediately.

Oh yeah, for sure. I always feel just how (un)steady he is, so I naturally walk slowly. But he always seems to want to be there, whenever I pick him him up he always wants to go up my arms. That's also a good point, thank you, especially now that it's getting colder where I live...

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”