Is my sally boy or girl? Shingleback

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Arron6885
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Is my sally boy or girl? Shingleback

Postby Arron6885 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:50 am

Hey all became a bit unsure if she is a girl. Any guesses? Thanks!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Is my sally boy or girl? Shingleback

Postby splashy07 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:58 am

Shinglebacks are the most impossible of all to sex. I have six of them (Aspera) and one was sworn to be a female....until he dropped sperm plugs. As was another.... until he tried to mate with my (known) female. From what I hear even sonograms do not work unless the animal is in season and shows turgidity (male). I have one male that will not tolerate the presence of another male regardless of season, so that's the method I've been using! Being yours is Rugosa, I won't even venture a guess! Good luck, and he/she is gorgeous!
Arron6885
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Is my sally boy or girl? Shingleback

Postby Arron6885 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:20 am

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully as it matures might see some behaviour with my other male. Atm they are super friendly when put together. Thanks again!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”