Fire alarms

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
edwintheskink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Fire alarms

Postby edwintheskink » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:18 pm

I recently moved in to a new apartment building that has a central fire alarm system.

Two days in a row now someone has set off the fire alarm in their apartment and thus set off the alarm system for the whole building.

These fire alarms are insanely loud, and I am worried about my BTS getting extremely stressed from them.

Has anyone dealt with a similar problem before?
Dx3
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Fire alarms

Postby Dx3 » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:11 pm

It might startle them and they hide. I doubt it can cause permanent hearing damage to them as long as they’re not right by it or anything. If you’re seriously worried though you could get a really secluded and thick hide to block out some sound for them.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:43 pm

It may startle them some, but hopefully the apartment complex gets the offender under control and the issue corrects itself. I wouldn't worry about it.
kandon4321
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby kandon4321 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:12 am

Blueys have limited hearing so im not sure how much that would effect them they mainly use ground vibrations to sense thing like that. So they may be ok.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”