Is this size normal for a 3 months old?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Hauldane
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Is this size normal for a 3 months old?

Postby Hauldane » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:58 pm

Hello!

New here, Im considering of getting myself an indonesian or maybe merauke bts, and i found a potential distributor who might possess these either of these specimens, when i asked them what's the size and age of the young ones via dms(idk if they either classified as baby,baby up, or juveniles) they replied that the young ones in their possesion measure about 20 cm at 3 months old now i still dont know what kind of subspecies they have i can only guess the kind of the bts they would have is the ones that is commonly present in the pet trade here in indonesia so i would guess it's either indonesian or merauke but are the differences of the subspecies would also mean different sizes at the same age?? I dont know maybe someone could shed a light

But im really curious, a 3 months old BTS measures at 20 cm... Is it normal??? And what else should i look and pay attention for when im about to purchase a BTS?(for example: how they keep them,the skink's physical appearance,health,possible symtomps, anatomy and etc) Because im planning to pay this exotic pet store a visit

Sorry if it might seems convoluted hoping to get some clue, Thanks!
Hauldane
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: Is this size normal for a 3 months old?

Postby Hauldane » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:17 am

Oh! And for those who are still wondering... I just got an info from the seller, The species of BTS they have in their possession is a Halmahera BTS not classic Indo skinks nor merauke

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”