How to keep skink from climbing on me

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
LeapingLizards
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

How to keep skink from climbing on me

Postby LeapingLizards » Tue May 17, 2022 1:21 pm

So I have had my lizard for almost a year, and it seems like he's energetic to the point of trying to climb on me, on my chest, back, etc and never sits in my arms, struggles even when fully supporting him.. how would I be able to have him be more relaxed? :?
1 Northern BTS - Born 6/5/2021 - Audie - Confirmed Male
Dx3
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Re: How to keep skink from climbing on me

Postby Dx3 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:47 pm

Mine does the same, but for some reason whenever I cradle them in like… a hoodie pocket or like folding your shirt in to carry them they seem to like that and instantly calm down. Try some kind of cradle like that maybe? I still raaaarely ever get mine to sit still when trying handle them.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Wed May 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Hi there, these guys like to feel secure. I usually hold mine in a football type hold. Make sure to support their entire body. It is sure important they feel secure. I also would do as suggested and possibly wrap in a towel or something to help them as well. Good luck
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:23 am

And don't forget, they are lizards, not cats. They might just not want to be where you want them to be.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”