Green poop

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Andrea
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Green poop

Postby Andrea » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:17 pm

Hi,
I had my BTS for about 2 months now and every now and then since she came she’s had green poop.
Sometimes her poop looks normal (compared to other pictures of healthy poops I found online) and then sometimes it’s more runny and green. I took a picture (sorry I know it’s disgusting).
Is this something I should worry about? Does this look like she may have parasites or could it be something else? Her behavior seems normal and she is around 8 months old and eats almost every day or every other day. She’s in a rotation of HQ cat food with veggies, Bluey buffet and eggs with veggies and some fruit as a snack. Thank you!
6775D75B-A7F6-4ABD-A80C-24F021D34EB3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Re: Green poop

Postby splashy07 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:13 am

Personally I do not like bluey buffet. My skinks don't either and it gave them issues even after just sampling it. Not saying it's bad, but not good for mine anyway. If your skink was purchased at an expo or pet shop its more than likely an import. If that's the case I'd recommend a vet check regardless. What type skink do you have? Age?
Andrea
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Andrea » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:17 am

Hi,
It’s a Northern BTS and she’s about 8 months old.
I’ve had her for about 2 months now. I purchased her online at Snakes at Sunset.
I just finished treating her for mites a couple of weeks ago too, which I can’t 100% say that she came with them, but I don’t know how else could she get them... :cry:
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:06 am

Can you post a picture? Northerns rarely get mites unless kept in not so healthy conditions, as they are one hundred percent captive bred. In that case, I would definitely recommend a vet check, if there are external parasites there could be internals also. Would like to see her size and weight for her age.
Andrea
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Andrea » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:32 pm

When she came 2 months ago she was supposedly 6 months old and she was about 10” long and weighed 116 grams only.
I thought she was very small for her age compared to what I saw online but didn’t think much of it.
Now she is about 8 months and measures 15” long and weighs 334 grams.
I am attaching a couple of pictures of her. Also, she pooped again today, more solid but with a green tone too, and there was an orange-reddish part. I’m attaching a picture of that as well.
I’m very worried so any help will be highly appreciated…
25C4F481-07F6-48FC-A718-76FE79CFD29F.jpeg

E89BE5A3-90E1-49EA-AF12-4FEDC64FFDF6.jpeg

52D27E64-639E-458D-AE33-D3E79951E9E7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splashy07
ADMIN
ADMIN

Postby splashy07 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:57 am

Looks good. On the right track, probably not well cared for before you. The poo doesn't look like it should be of any concern. What goes in comes out and if eating vegetable matter that's pretty much the norm. Try adding a bit more protein and insects to diet. Mine love superworms and dubia roaches. Sometimes. I currently do not have any juveniles but when I do insects are a favorite.
Andrea
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Andrea » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:33 am

Hi Splashy,
Thank you so much for your comments! It means so much!
So, just to clarify, I don’t have to worry about the orange-red part on the poop or the fact that the poop is green?
Thank you!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:51 pm

Hi there, the poop is normal looking. The white and orange part is the urates that also come out as well. All is normal.
Andrea
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Andrea » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:38 am

Thank you so much guys for your help! Many of us would be lost without this forum!
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:52 pm

You are very welcome and that is what this group is here for. To help and educate. :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”