What to do about mouth?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
edwintheskink
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

What to do about mouth?

Postby edwintheskink » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:17 pm

The second day I had my skink he bit me and injured his jaw/mouth. It has been well over a year now and I believe that this injury is permanent. I think that this is a freak accident as no one has posted about anything similar.

It seems to have not been causing him issues. It is, however, an aesthetic problem. The inside of his mouth on the injured side is exposed and keeps filling up with his substrate. I’ll attach a photo. I can’t really get the substrate out. It just sits there. I’m worried about his mouth leading to infections.

I have not taken him to a vet about this since it seems to not be detrimental to his health. Furthermore, I don’t think that anything really can be done about this. He is just deformed, and I don’t think that anything can be done.

Would it be worth seeing the vet?

8A19EBAE-B89B-4466-B270-022A41A0CF21.jpeg

256E4D7D-EA40-49A7-AC3E-1A165AF3E3AB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”